812 VS Rumors | Page 63 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So what are we saying here? Ferrari decided on purpose to build less cars? Or is it just that the supply chain is disrupted due to covid?

2. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Do you already own the F8 and GTS or only paid a deposit on those?

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No turbo V 12 , fortunatly !!!
    NA V 12 is a mecanic s graal, well done and each hp is the result of long time knowledge s engineering.
    Turbo exist just for stupid regulations. It s a boring use, sound and sensations.
    NA V 12 is the Ferrari s soul. It s not a dogma, but best part of history of the brand.
    We re speaking about identity !

Shack, jpalmito, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  4. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Maybe they use supply chain as an excuse, or maybe it actually is a bit of a problem. But I think the bigger picture issue is SpA see the post Covid world a little differently. They aren't sure if the demand is same as before. They would be stupid to pile the same number of cars into the distribution channel (as would have happened without Covid), and then have cars sit at dealers because buyers have bailed. So they are pulling back and re-assessing. Which means there will be a lot less supply coming on this year.

Interestingly, this should create a floor under the price of used cars.

5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I also think they realised the effect of oversupply had on the used car market and so many unsold cars with dealers and noe realise it damaged both confidence from new car buyers as well as interest in the brand from buyers who have turned to other brands. They have to pull back to bring back some sense of exclusivity at present no one believes exclusivity is part of the game anymore except if you pay over 1 mm. They have to repair the reputational damage if they want people to keep playing the game and sell expensive high spec nee cars. There are already far fewer people interested in buying new let alone highly spec where you dont make the money back in the used market anymore. This is all result of oversupply. They cannibalised their own f12/812 used car market at least in the UK. They have to reduce production to let those be absorbed bybthe market and allow buyers to regain confidence in the brand. Short term profit long term damage sadly

OKUGO, Shack and SirPouyan like this.
  6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Im in the running to get one. No word back from the dealer with any relevant information nor do I expect any until there is an official announcement. I should get one and plan on Tailor Made - something to match my F12 Tdf!

7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    That would be outstanding.

8. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Sorry for confusing post - what I am saying is this: since the factory re-opened, SpA has NOT told your dealer "Please give us the specs on how Mr. Scrappy wants his car built" :)

I don't think dealers are getting any build allocations for a while.

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I do not understand the AMG V12 reference, it appears to have been discontinued:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/24/mercedes-amg-s65-final-edition-v12/

10. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    If this is the case, then they better make a lot more than 799 or 812 copies.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If there is an 812VS, why would it be a numbered edition? It seems pretty clear, as with the Pista (aka 488VS), numbered editions for anything less than an Icona or Hypercar is no longer going to occur...problem is, if the 812VS is less than 1000PS (i.e. SF90 is new top of the series) just does not seem it will be all that special. Perhaps it will have some unique traits, 10,000+ rev limit, super lightweight, etc... plus it is not clear where things go from there, the model that follows the 812 family appears it will not be top of the series, so many questions, can't wait to have some clarity, soon...

cesman likes this.
  12. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Would rather have 10k rev limit than 1000hp. That would be much more unique for a road car.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can't wait.

14. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Well my dealer asked me just after reopening to sign my final spec and ten days later the VIN appeared in my app.

15. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Thank you for that info. If you hear of any others, please post it.

Dubaicity likes this.
  16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Doesn’t it depend on the dealer and region? Some will have available allocations remaining for 2020, others may not.

17. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Yes, region/dealer dependent. And there are some build allocations that have been activated since re-open. Dubaicity posted about his new build on this thread and I have heard about a few others. But some of those may have been on the cusp of happening right before Covid anyway.

Sorry - I am not clearly enough articulating my point ... In a normal year, dealers would be getting their average allocations for the rest of the year. In this abnormal year - when SpA has publicly stated they are on track to meet pre-Covid production numbers despite Covid - we would expect dealers to be getting more than their average allocations for the rest of the year (to make up for the lost months of production and deliveries). I am wondering whether the exact opposite is happening. Dealers will get far fewer than average build allocations for the next few months. Which will back things up on the demand side (reduced supply), and temporarily increase demand. This increased demand would then be expected to offset the loss of demand that clearly occurs when a pandemic reduces global wealth. Is SpA kicking the loss-of-demand can down the road? And if so, will it work to keep the product highly sought after?

18. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    According to my dealer, for the SF90 and the 812 GTS dealers were told the total number of cars they would receive for the full production cycle upfront. If dealers were able to exceed that number some allocations were shifted from dealers who were not able to meet their allocations. However, all orders had to be in by June 1. If that is true, perhaps they are re-mapping production plans to match demand. That would be brilliant because they would decrease production numbers, maintain relative exclusivity, and not overburden the factory.

stavura, PTG1, 456-boy and 2 others like this.
  19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’m curious to see whether Ferrari will actually reduce production to better calibrate it to demand or whether that’s just a marketing trick from dealers to generate demand from improved confidence from a revised perceived supply/demand management

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Thinking just about hp number is a nosense.
    Do you really need 1000 hp for the mountains road ???
    It s impossible to compare SF 90 engine with a NA V 12 . Personnaly, i can t compare a Patek with a Seiko !

JackCongo likes this.
  21. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    Her
    I dont think that is entirely true, since anyone can walk in a month from now and place and order on the SF90.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

Ferrari has indicated the V8+turbo+hybrid is new top-of-series of all of Ferrari.

The V12 was the top, no longer, if the 812VS is less powerful, slower but higher price than the SF90 that will likely be a problem for sales of 812VS.

Please do recall whether or not PS/HP matters, the fact, the fact is, the SF90 took almost all the business away from the 812 family.

If the 812VS is less powerful and about the same weight as the 812SF, it cannot be successfully priced higher than the SF90, and the 812VS may not sell as well as you (and I) hope, simply because it is not a top of series car (if less power than SF90), the audience for that car will not arrive.

So, for the 812VS to succeed in the market (sell out) with less power than the SF90, it will need to be correctly priced and based on dramatic reduction in 812SF orders (and 812GTS orders slow to be placed) it may find a weak market reception.

Thecadster and Shack like this.
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Just marketing vocabulary...If you trust Ferrari words, its the end of the story...
    They just want to sell the SF 90 and they re making the max.
    SF 90 is not a Ferrari, it s an heavy car, without soul, without sound, without history, too heavy for the track ( 1886 kg ), apple car play and stupidly powerful for the road .
    1000 hp are just here for the buyer s ego.
    I really don t care about hp, i need emotion, sound , feed back and a family line design.
    It s personnal, and with all the respect due to customer, for me SF 90 is a piece of BS.
    Definitivly not for enthusiats
    812 VS is the soul of the brand, even with less hp.
    Ferrari s passion is not a simple story of hp number

24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    i can confirm you all the production will be sell in few days !

25. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    I have to agree with this - they are not going to bring out a VS and not have it over-subscribed. At this point, they are probably gun shy.