Mondials For Sale | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    A good salesman can qualify a customer and should not refuse a serious customer a chance to test drive a car in my opinion anyways. I was interested in a 348 and wanted to see and drive the car so after e-mailing back and forth with the dealer and getting very vague answers about driving the car I called and spoke to him in person and still was getting vague answers so I drove two and a half hours to see the car and test drive it. He informs me that he sells most of his cars sight unseen and doesn't allow test drives. I had a current bank statement with me proving that I had the money to buy the car and told him this to which he replied, and this really got me, if you test drive the car and get in an accident then you won't want to buy it and I'll be stuck with a damaged car. I just walked away at that point. That was the only time I have ever been denied the opportunity to test drive a car I have found most other dealers to be accomodating.

pietersnodt likes this.
  2. thesmithsUK

thesmithsUK Karting

Sep 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Geoff Smith
    pietersnodt likes this.
  3. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    That's a beautiful car. The only problem with it is that the steering wheel is on the wrong side :)

4. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Wade. I wasn't even aware of this thread!!

Apropos of the discussion about buying before driving, I bought this car without driving it. But I bought it from a long time member here. So it was a calculated risk. It has worked out well!!!

Regards,
    Jerry

rob likes this.
  5. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    anyone know of or seen the Mondial T for sale on Bring a Trailer?

6. read33

read33 Karting

Mar 23, 2017
    Long Island
    Buyer paid $51,450 (including auction fee). The car appeared to be in nice shape, some minor blemishes, but less than 20,000 miles and overall very solid. I’d say fair value but also think the ceiling on these cars is much higher. There’s nothing else like them- really, what car is anything like a Momdial t Cab? ....and Ferrari only made about 1000 of them.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello friends a good resource for keeping track of prices is hammerprice and classic.com (I have no affiliation with either) just wanted to share. (both free)

Cheers

Faber and jjmalez like this.
  8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    pietersnodt likes this.
  9. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Same car I just listed above, what's going on with this shifter rod? Installed upside down or something?

Is that a Valeo feature Alex?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's the locknut for the shifter ball. Maybe they replaced the ball or had the shifter plate removed.

paulchua likes this.
  11. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Odd place for it to be resting, unless they were using a bowling bowl for the top of the shifter.

12. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's because someone didn't finish the job (when the picture was taken). And secondly, several people forgot about "attention to detail). ;)

13. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Sold mine. Brad sold it.

Art

Texas Forever likes this.
  14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Art? where the heck have you been?

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Decided most of the folks here were not people I wanted to interact with. Way to far right for me to stomach, so I left. Maybe back November 4th. We’ll see.

Art

Clnilsen, beng, TAS37 and 2 others like this.
  16. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    That about says all I need to know...

read33 likes this.
  17. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    anyone know the car on BAT right now?

18. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    A link would help.

19. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
  20. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    It's interesting to me that the seller decided to sell shortly after having some major service done on the car. It's probably not fair to question his motives, but if I were bidding I would be wondering if his mechanic found anything that prompted his decision to sell. It's a nice looking car, though. I wonder how much it'll fetch.

21. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    A freshly serviced cars seem to appeal more to buyers. Seller is just hoping to recoup his investment (service cost) and expedite that sale and buyer has to trust that what the receipts say was done, was actually done. I personally like to buy cars in need of service so I can oversee/do the work needed either by myself or by a shop. Service right before selling is nothing more than making it more marketable and hoping to aid in the sale/$/timeline.

22. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    You're right, of course, about a freshly serviced car being more attractive to buyers. On the other hand, a 27K car w/o the recent service is going to sell alot faster than a 40K car with the service. Unless the unserviced car doesn't run or runs poorly.
    In this case it looks like circumstances changed in the seller's life and he found that he had to sell the car.

23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Why cars do/dont sell quickly is anyone's guess. I've got an unserviced 88 Cab I'd sell for $27k (does have other needs ;) but no ones been beating down my door when I list it.

24. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    If it were a coupe I might :)

25. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    “Unserviced”? As my 87 3.2 cab (50+k mi) mechanic put it: you fix what’s Broken or about to break and drive on. Never understood this obsession with serviced Mondials if you aren’t personally acquainted with the servicing mechanic. Mind you I’m referring to Mondials.