Portofino Pricing and Timing | FerrariChat

Portofino Pricing and Timing

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Montserrat88, Jun 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Montserrat88

Montserrat88 Rookie

May 29, 2020
    With the rumors around the new model replacing Portofino coming out next year, should we expect a substantial price drop on the Portofinos? Currently in the market to buy a 2019/2020 and wondering if now is the best time vs. waiting till year end.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It may be a slight visual refresh in a few months time but the market knows its coming and deliveries probably won't begin for at least a year so the step change in value tends to be a myth - it is also used as an excuse by folk who aren't fully committed to delay a decision - after all every couple of years there's a change which might affect value so its safer not to buy any car at all....

3. Montserrat88

Montserrat88 Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Thanks - that was my gut feeling as well. Much appreciated.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The bigger issue based on what I have been reading on F-chat may be that the earlier models come with the Gas Particulate Filter (GPF), which some have said mutes the exhuast beyond what is desirable for an F-car. If you find the spec/price you like, and your finances are in order, pull the trigger...T

5. Montserrat88

Montserrat88 Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Thoughts on specs/pricing of this one? https://london-hrowen.ferraridealers.com/en_gb/search-used-ferrari/2018/ferrari/portofino/2018_ferrari_portofino-h.r._owen_london-ZFF89FPC000241417

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Magneride, CF driver zone/LED shift lights, passenger display, low mileage, Ferrari approved, classic red/beige, asking price seems commensurate with US Portos.
    All positives in my book. Have you test-driven a Porto? Cali T? If not, I would make that next order of business.
    T

Montserrat88 likes this.
  7. Montserrat88

Montserrat88 Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Thanks. I've had a chance to drive one for a week so have a decent feel for the car. Def looking to pull the trigger.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great. Hope it works out for you. Please post some pics when you find the right F-car for you!
    T

Montserrat88 likes this.