Best 360 guides? | FerrariChat

Best 360 guides?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DDAVE, Jun 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DDAVE

DDAVE Rookie

Jun 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Vincec
    Hi all,

I'm a newborn Ferrari owner, having just traded my big block 68 vette on one..

I'm not a qualified mechanic by any stretch, but I rebuilt my vette from being a complete shed into a nice car, with the help of the 68 AIM - a reprint of the Chevrolet assembly line instructions for every part of the car, from bonding composite panels through to screwing the last badge on..

My question is - is an equivalent document or guide available for the f360? And if not, can anyone recommend any other guides that might suit?

In particular- I'm looking for some detailed guidance on interior assembly as I'm planning to change the interior in my car for an alternative colour through purchase of a good condition used one in the right colour.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Dave

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Enjoy the car - most aspects of the 360 are well covered in the 360 section and most of those that aren't are in the owners (small pdf) & workshop (huge pdf) manuals or can be deduced from the parts book (online)

3. @CTEVN

@CTEVN Karting
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2020
    Bigilo and DDAVE like this.
  4. LP360

LP360 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee

+1, Post in the 360/430 section on the forum if you need information on something and someone will always be happy to help out

5. @CTEVN

@CTEVN Karting
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2020
    DDAVE likes this.
  6. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Im a machinist, so, my advice to you is to hire a shop who can do this-and HOLD tolerances when going to zero in "tenths", or you will be disappointed...Materials selection here is CRITICAL, in addition to the skills required to "hit the numbers on the head." Your tolerances and clearances are so tight, 99% of the machineshops wwill not even have measuring equipment CAPABLE of even MEASURING to the scale required to do this job so that it LASTS, and it maintains cylinder seal-assuming ring sealing is up to snuff, so to speak...
    The 5 valve engines are more like doing a motorcycle than a car, and a proper seat and guide machine just wont cut it-it REALLY ought to be done in a Moore jig borer-IMHO....

FWIW.....

7. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It's just a car, lots of plastic, metal, and rubber parts put together. Know when to say when, ask questions, check and double check, pay attention to the details.

2NA likes this.
  8. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Do a Google search for Alduous Voice. There's good info on that site, lots about the 360.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. @CTEVN

@CTEVN Karting
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2020
  10. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    He wants a guide to interior repair, not guides for the cylinder heads.

11. @CTEVN

@CTEVN Karting
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2020
    This has the guides to interior repairs also.