Alright, who did this Safari? | FerrariChat

Alright, who did this Safari?

Discussion in '308/328' started by NoJo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
  2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    That is a beautiful vehicle. Not sure I understand the point of it? Way too pretty to be full out on gravel roads. Would have loved to see it in my garage but would guarantee it would immediately lose the tire/wheel set and CB antenna.

3. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It was sold on BaT a few months back. No real safari "spec" just big tires and a bunch of bolt on bling to make it look silly. Lord knows what will happen to the poor thing if someone puts a tow hook on that phony shackle at the right front bumper mount and tries to haul it out of a ditch. Won't be pretty.

NoJo and 308 milano like this.
  4. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Love the Alitalia car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Pero and absostone like this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Nothing like rallying through the desert with windows up in the hottest interior ever created.

6. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    HAH!

absostone likes this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It was listed there but did not sell. Then it was at an RM auction somewhere in the Middle East where it was bid to $70,000 which should have been enough, but wasn’t. It finally sold a few weeks ago at an RM on line auction for, I think, $57,000.

To be honest I never understood the point of it.

8. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    Thanks for the input, folks. It certainly is an unusual concoction, for better or worse. If anyone has a handle on who had it made, I'd be grateful for the lead. I'm researching this car for an article in Forza, and would love to speak with the original owner (and/or the one who bought it)!