Father's Day Rodeo Drive Car Show | FerrariChat

Father's Day Rodeo Drive Car Show

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ExcelsiorZ, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Every year on Father's Day (Sunday) over 100 classic cars park on Rodeo Drive. This year's event like most others is cancelled. However, that does not mean Ferrari and other classic car owners can't park on Rodeo Drive Sunday morning, June 21, 2020. There are nearby coffee shops (including Starbucks) and this would be a great way to enjoy an annual tradition, albeit perhaps for just a couple of hours first thing Sunday morning. There is plenty of parking in BH on Sunday morning. Normally cars for the Father's Day show roll in from 6-8 a.m. We could do the same, with cars rolling in as early as they want and say leaving by 9:00 a.m. Frankly, we all could use some relief from the the craziness of the last few months and Beverly Hills could use a return to some sort of normalcy. So mark your calendar and come to Beverly Hills for a cars and coffee!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I haven't driven by there since last week but is Rodeo Drive open to traffic again?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    If not open already I suspect in more than a week it will be open....or Beverly Hills businesses will be in serious trouble!
    The national guard seems to have already pulled out. I'll check in the next day or so but that won't be an issue.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Think I already paid the entry fee.... But it was postponed or cancelled

5. Tilltap

Tilltap Rookie

Mar 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Timothy Tilley
    Great idea. Waiting on “official” car shows is going to be a while since no one wants to be jammed up by the man. I like the idea of owners just getting together and blow off some steam the politicians and criminals have heaped upon us. Any get together like this in San Diego?

6. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yes, but look at it his way: With the formal show you have to keep your car there, out in the sun and thousands of people, from ~8:00 a.m. until around 4:00 p.m. That's a long day! Much nicer to pull in at 7 or 8 and then head out around 9 or 10!

sparetireless and jlonmark like this.
  7. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Drove down Rodeo Drive this evening. It is indeed fully open.

TestShoot and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Plus you wont have to worry about people touching, leaning on, sitting in, or messing around with your car. It’s unreal what some
    Entitled people come up with. The kids I CN almost see.... but the parents should be beaten. When I was a child, “touch with your eyes!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albert328gts and ExcelsiorZ like this.
  9. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Too funny, but true! I've seen some pretty disrespectful things people do to other people's cars! Perhaps caning should be introduced, and first to the parents as you say :)

albert328gts likes this.
  10. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I think doing it early in the morning is a good idea. The rioters/looters don't usually start working until about 10 am.

11. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ]Too funny, but true! I've seen some pretty disrespectful things people do to other people's cars! Perhaps caning should be introduced, and first to the parents as you say :)

I may make a sign saying:

Warning, I just coughed all over my car & I can’t shake this headache.

12. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Sadly the Monterey Historics have also been cancelled. I think its fair to say Monterey is officially off calendar this year :(((((((( I think it will be interesting to see if there is a huge spike in Corona Virus cases after all these tens of thousands of protestors gathered without social distancing. If there is no huge spike then really what was the point? In any event, there apparently are no events ahead so everybody come on down / up to Rodeo Drive Father's day morning for what could be the ultimate cars and coffee!

https://journal.classiccars.com/2020/06/12/laguna-seca-management-cancels-motorsports-reunion-for-2020/?utm_source=infusionsoft-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eblast&inf_contact_key=247c010aebaad740c83e130fc956f169f651f238aa2edbb9c8b7cff03e0b16a0

13. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    This is a nice idea, we always spent Father’s Day on Rodeo Dr. really good display of cars.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Mirek and ExcelsiorZ like this.
  14. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I would go at 10 and bring a few friends and their cars too.

shawdut, Mirek and ExcelsiorZ like this.
  15. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The more the merrier!

Dbone likes this.
  16. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Idling, ready, set ....
    We’re heading out for extended drive up in mountains (seen in the distance) instead, expecting to reach 8000 ft. elevation in couple of hours. Should be fun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tenney likes this.
  17. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I will be there ! I live locally,

I wonder if there is a good lot someplace in BH to anchor this Bootleg Rodeo Car Show ?

18. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    For the show folks would park their car on Rodeo in the regular parking spaces. Made sense as folks walked up and down rodeo (sidewalks and road) would look at the cars. Most BH lots are housed in buildings. There are lots between that are just south of Santa Monica Blvd, but no body walks past them. If we had an overflow issue, which would be great! We could park on streets parallel to Rodeo with the best one being the street just to the east which is Beverly Drive. This is the street with Starbucks, Cheesecake factory, Nespresso, etc. If that overflowed folks could use the street parallel to Beverly which is Canon. The lots could be used as well its just because they are north of Little Santa Monica not so much foot traffic. But that option is good as well. The lots are only two floors. One below ground, one above ground but barely so the top floor is easy to walk around and view cars.

19. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Kick ass, I will roll up for sure.

ExcelsiorZ likes this.
  20. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    I think I’m gonna show up on the earlier side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    BAD IDEA
    The city of Beverly Hills

Is still worried about problems from
    Protesters and Covid 19 & doesn’t want anything happening that may attract a crowd .
    Wait till next year

TestShoot likes this.
  22. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike

23. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I will be between 9 and 10.

Mmckee and Mirek like this.
  24. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    So, how was it ? Did any cool vintage cars showed up ? Pics ?

My +/-160 mile, 6+ hour Father’s Day drive up to Big Bear & Lake Arrowhead area turned out pretty close to great.
    Going up early on Hwy 38 was fantastic, but by late morning and coming down on Hwy 18 around midday there was a lot more traffic than I care to see or deal with, especially those Soccer Moms & Weekend Warriors wannabes who can’t manage their SUV’s or Monster Trucks on flatlands/freeways/suburbia, let alone on curvy mountain roads.
    Weather was perfect.

sparetireless and Tenney like this.
  25. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think you're a little early.