For Sale - 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati | FerrariChat

For Sale 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by FastLapp, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    "Misunderstood Elegance" some would say...1989 Chrysler/Maserati TC, leather interior; 11,175 miles; hardtop convertible, 2.2L turbo straight 4, Black Cherry Pearl Metallic. Asking $12,000 OBO.

Posting this on behalf of my Aunt, who is the owner. Long story short, my uncle had a habit of buying things and not telling my aunt. He purchased this shortly before passing away a few months ago. My Aunt didn’t know she owned it until condo HOA told her to move her car :rolleyes:

I have not seen the car in person, but if there is interest, I can go down to NY (car located in Nassau County, Long Island) if more details/pictures are needed.

I didn’t even know Chrysler / Maserati made a car together prior to FCA merger. Got to love the 80s!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GuyIncognito and rampante550 like this.
  2. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    One of the most interesting "collaborations" on the planet and probably the best leather that ever sat in a Chrysler. Good luck with the sale.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I gotta say, I'm GLAD he got one and drove it!

These were "of a time and a lot of them burned, IIRC, but maintained and riven lightly they were similar to the Cadillac Pininfarina Allante, the Detriot Three were trying to get upmarket, using Italian design, and it was a noble effort, in my mind.

I always wanted a nice Allante but never got one.
    If he had the top down and drove around to see old friends, it did it's job.

They are more respected now, the survivors, I hope she does well that's a lovely color.

4. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    I'd argue that "Corinthian Leather" is the best leather that's ever been in a Chrysler.... :)

Husker, Gle8, jjmalez and 3 others like this.
  5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    I won a yellow one few years ago at a cars and coffee raffle.
    Ended up trading it for lawn service and a pool opening!
    Good luck!

tomkatf, jjmalez, FastLapp and 2 others like this.
  6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That was the Cordoba in the 70s. My uncle had one

myronx19 likes this.
  7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I always thought these cars were neat. GLWS and neat story. Sorry about your uncle.

FastLapp likes this.
  8. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I have a neighbor I havent met a few streets over but he has 2 of these and a QPIII in his driveway so he is an accumulator of old cheap Italian cars so I automatically like him.

tantumaude and FastLapp like this.
  9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    thanks for posting a few photos of this. I had forgotten about the TC!

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    With low miles and kind of a unique car you should clean it up a bit and toss it up on BAT.

Auraraptor likes this.
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When I had my Maserati repair shop I had a woman who owned one of these. She brought it to us to fix the electric seats.

Most of the parts are Chrysler LeBaron. She had a bad relay. It think the part was like $3 at the NAPA down the street. LOL! Not all Maserati's are expensive!

carguyjohn350 and Auraraptor like this.
  12. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Quite a few of the mechanical parts are Chrysler. Most of the body,top and interior bits are bespoke-as are the wheels, the cylinder head on the manual trans equipped cars,etc. The getrag trans is also a TC part, not leBaron.

13. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    @FastLapp I’m Curious: how did you come up with that asking price?

It seems like a difficult car to value,

Matt

14. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Smiles likes this.
  15. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    the manual trans cars are by far the most valuable. He's asking all the money for that car-the low miles are what justifies it. Assuming the interior is very nice.

16. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm sure no one on this board can relate to this ;) This was hilarious and thanks for sharing. RIP to your uncle.

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James

Funny enough, I looked at the same Henmings link that @GuyIncognito posted. The sub-20K mileage ones were selling 13-15k, so I went below that. Granted those look immaculate and while my Aunt says this is in “excellent condition”, clearly it’s not perfect (in one of photos I posted, you can see the “by Maserati” trim falling off). She’s open to any and all offers!

Again I haven’t seen it in person, was supposed to get down to NY this weekend but can’t now. I’ll see if I can get her to take some photos of engine bay and interior to post.

appreciate all the comments! Doing my part to keep the “Other Cars” section one of the most interesting sub forums on Fchat :)

tantumaude and GuyIncognito like this.
  18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Thanks!

Matt

19. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Ha!! - I happen to own a yellow one :) a 1976, and yes.. it does have Corinthian leather!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    GLWS...sold my fathers last year, same colors with 30k for $5500 for reference.

At the time, the manual transmission variants with the cosworth heads were commanding close to $12k. Perhaps the tides have risen.

myronx19 likes this.
  21. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Interesting. My father-in-law has one of these, same color, that's been sitting in his warehouse with the top down for probably the last 10 years. I've been wanting to get him a dumpster or two to get rid of a lot of things, but maybe this car has some value?