Fair price for this 55k mile 550 | FerrariChat

Fair price for this 55k mile 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Crocodon, Jun 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    One thing that might make you fell better about the deal is the 10,000 pounds worth of 575M modular 19" wheels. You can get a set of OEM 550 wheels from Eurospares for a song and sell those wheels unless you love them.

Auraraptor likes this.
  3. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The funny thing is, I do love them! Even though I know they’re not period correct, I think they look great.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I have them on mine (575M), but retrofitting them to a different 550 will be expensive for the wheels and four MPS4S tires.

5. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #5 21ATS, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    It's been on the market a while. I have a similar search criteria to you but I've been looking for over two years in the UK. You've picked a pretty bad time to start your search as much of what's on the market now has been available for some time (years in some cases) and there's very little hitting the market at present. There are a few off market cars available - have a chat with James at Kent High Performance Cars - he has a Rossa Corsa 550 definitely available if that floats your boat (I don't want a red one) I'd like to try and get the owner to part with his TDF Blue 550 instead.

The Kaaimans car has been through two auctions that I'm aware of and didn't meet reserve in either . Bidding never got as far as £60K in either.

Personally I think it's a £50K to £60K car at most. Maybe add some value for the split rims as they are desirable (for 575 owners) and no longer available.

Ultimately though if the car is the right price for you, that's what you have to decide.

I'm waiting for the right car to come along as I want a keeper. Recently I'm starting to be less concerned about absolute cost if it's the right car, as I look at what I've paid in depreciation on the cars I currently own (and bought new) and I'm unlikely to repeat that level of loss if paying up to £80k for a 550. But for that money it has to be "the one" for me. As I don't intend to sell it it's not so much about what I'd potentially lose, but getting the best I can afford in the spec I want.

EastMemphis likes this.
  6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
  7. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Useful knowledge - thank you! You may have seen this one in TDF Blue: http://justinbanks.com/2000-ferrari-550-maranello/

8. Crocodon

Crocodon Karting

May 12, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  9. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Can’t go wrong with a Rosso Fiorano 550, but I’m biased.