812 VS Rumors | Page 73 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Speaking of hybrid has anyone here seen the new Tesla Roadster coming in the next few years? Looks like a mix between a Ferrari and a McLaren, looks pretty good. It does 0-60 in 1.9 sec, 0-100 in 4.5 sec, being told they can simulate the sound of a na engine/exhaust by pressing a button, and costs around £200k so much faster than the sf90, looks better imo and cost not even half. Foods for thoughts

2. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    No thank you. And no thank you again.
    Given the topic of versione speciale 812 here, what a disastrous alternative when looking at a V12 masterpiece.

gto85, anunakki, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  3. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Don’t get me wrong I didn’t mean to say it was a good alternative I myself would NEVER EVER buy that to be clear. Just trying to reinforce my point earlier that the world heading that way and precisely WHY the 812 is such an undervalued masterpiece at present and likely to become very desirable in the near future. Don’t shoot we are on the same page!!

Shack and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I know, nothing against you on this. Just sort of a visceral reaction when I think of it.

anunakki likes this.
  5. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It's a great idea until everything starts to fall apart like other tesla cars

SirPouyan and gliazzurri like this.
  6. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I bet " one of 812 " for th coupe;)

C50, of2worlds, Shack and 2 others like this.
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    As noted in the video and others, appears inclusion of the GPF devices takes the edge off the higher pitch frequencies of the exhaust note; curious if the enlarged exhaust exit in the rear bumper indicates supplemental muffler/silencer will be present for EU noise regulations...

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Who knows. Sounds different every time there's a new video.

uhn2000 likes this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Note: Tesla's are not hybrids, they are heavy appliances devoid of any Italian heritage.

uhn2000, stavura, PTG1 and 8 others like this.
  10. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    In that case, will be a conservative move. Not that many ppl understand ferrari V12’
    1300 total will be similar to TDF in today’s market. Then we probably will see one or two 812VS in a year

11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Excuse my ignorance which is probably due to the fact I have little interest for Tesla in general

12. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I've had Tesla and have Ferraris. I feel Tesla is like a smart watch: digital with lots of features but very uninteresting to me. Ferrari is like a classic timepiece: analog, precise, and full of craftsmanship. Some people love digital with all the bells and whistles and nothing wrong with that. Heck, smart watches will not only tell time better than any analog but can read your text messages to you, tell you the weather, track your heartbeat, and automatically adjust the time for whatever country you're in. The finest analog won't do any of that.

However, compare Patek to any smart watch and I'll take the Patek every time. There's just something about the craftsmanship, precision, history and style of the classic timepieces that no digital watch can match. The same is true for me with cars. I find "digital" cars may be great in paper but they just don't produce any emotion for me.

Thecadster, ewright, stavura and 9 others like this.
  13. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    Why are we discussing Tesla?

ag512bbi, stavura, kane00 and 4 others like this.
  14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Exactly. If that's what you want to discuss, please exit to here: https://forums.tesla.com/

ag512bbi and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Please try to stay on point.

KenU and Avia11 like this.
  16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Now if Ferrari could learn to "play the game" like Patek with how it operates then we wouldn't have the crazy situation we have with the current "pump and dump". Yes Patek is a private company and yes there are still games at AD's but they still manage to play the supply side very well.

Anyone driven that abomination the Porsche Taycan as unfortunately thats what the 812VS etc will eventually be compared to "on paper" as well as the Tesla Roadster

mepassione likes this.
  17. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Gentlemen I never meant to say Tesla compared to an 812 trust me I own both an F12 and an 812 and i wouldn’t buy that tesla roadster for half the price
    I just meant to emphasise on what the future path may look like for a lot of manufacturers and as a result how the 812 on the contrary stands out. I hope that clarifies it
    Back to the VS topic now

of2worlds likes this.
  18. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How much of a power increase do you guys think the 812 VS will have over the standard 812? 40hp?

19. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    front wheels looks 21 inch...finally filling out the wheel arches!!

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Good point. This one disappoints. Screams GPF and not in a good way. Definitely higher rpm is consistent.

21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Right. The first car vs the second car in the latest video is drastic to me. 812 and VS, according to the video. I will say the supposed VS sounds a bit more raw.

22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Can someone please explain to me how for a model with first registration from January 2021 Ferrari will be able to cope with new eu6d emission regulations? My understanding is that the threshold is 98gCO2/km while the 812 ( pre gpf) produces 340 so miles away higher.

23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Simple, Ferrari has a different standard that applies, Ferrari still pays fines to the EU, but not based on 98gCO2 (and many other manufacturers have higher limits before penalties occur).

the 812 produces 366gCO2/km "combined"

see here:

https://corporate.ferrari.com/sites/ferrari15ipo/files/ferrari_-_annual_report_2019.pdf

Ferrari's 2021 number is 277, combined of all vehicles, so Ferrari will be paying fines, but they have already factored that into the base price for each model

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This may also be useful:

Caeruleus11, of2worlds, 9nb and 2 others like this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nothing an aftermarket exhaust won't fix...I prefer to keep an NA V12 and then figure out something with the exhaust than have a Turbo 12, Turbo 8...or something worse entirely.

polishhammer83, Avneet and KarlA69 like this.