0848 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by wpbekker, Dec 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    #26 GIOTTO, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. wpbekker

wpbekker Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Wouter Bekker
    0848 is cool! And by the way, I think it is the most original 412P around at the moment. Mr. Bardinon got it in Scuderia Filipinetti colours but removed them to have the car all red. When Mr. Perfetti got it, it got back its Filipinetti livery but without blue rims and Scuderia Filipinetti signs.

3. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Wouter. I was looking for something else, and just found another short (2-page) '0848' thread from last year:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125682 (with exactly the same thread title :rolleyes: )

4. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    #29 GIOTTO, Dec 13, 2007
    This WAS #0848 in her first beautifull form, as P3 in 1966, during verifications before the great Le Mans race. Pilots were Scarfiotti and Parkes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

quailgun likes this.
  5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #30 P4Replica, Jan 5, 2008
    There's a photo currently listed on eBay, ending in 6 days or so: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120205257492

.... of what appears to be #0848, in her minimal (white stripe - no white roof panel) '67 Monza Filipinetti livery, taken at Modena in '67.

Unfortunately, the rear part of the car has been chopped off in this photo - otherwise I'd be bidding on it myself. ;)

6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    #31 GIOTTO, Jan 7, 2008
    Scuderia Filipinetti entered #0848 in the Ollon-Villars hillclimb, August 27, 1967. Pilot was herbert Müller.
    Such a car in such a race!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #32 P4Replica, Jan 7, 2008
    I make no apologies for reposting this (from somewhere in the depths of the 'More Old Photos' thread - page 145) ....

My favourite image of #0848 on the 1967 Targa Florio - taken from a storm drain by Maurice Rowe ©.

8. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #33 P4Replica, Jan 7, 2008
    Here's an interesting one. Possibly a question that belongs in the 'How is your P4 knowledge?' thread - but it's 'P3', and #0848 (maybe).

We've all taken information from 'Barchetta' for granted - and equally discredited it for some of the mistakes it contains.

There's actually not much information on #0848 in 1966 on Barchetta's #0848 page, apart from the '66 Le Mans entry:

http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All.Ferraris/Detail/0848.330P3.htm

However, at the top of the page, there is this photo, posted below, and shown elsewhere in another gallery on Barchetta:

http://www.barchetta.cc/german/pirro/Galleries.Eventi/Schlegelmilch/B_111.htm (Photo Rainer W. Schlegelmilch ©) .... captioned as follows:
    Right or wrong ? :confused:

9. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #34 P4Replica, Jan 7, 2008
    Well, I'd always accepted and assumed, until recently, that it was #0848.

Those of you who read Ferrari News, the bi-monthly magazine of the U.K. Ferrari Owners Club, may have been following the series of articles on the 'P Series', in the 'from the archives' section, entitled 'the Ferrari Prototypes', written by John Elliott. For me, the October 2007 installment was something of a disappointment. It covered the 1966 season (sub-titled 1966: a difficult year), but the selection of B&W photos it contained were mostly of 365P2/3's - rather than 330P3's. In fact, there were only two of them - the one below, and another of #0846 N°27 from Sebring. None of the winning P3's at Monza and Spa, or any of the luckless P3's at Le Mans. But I digress.

The photo below, from the Nurburgring, copyright Ted Walker of Ferret Fotographics © is interesting - for the way it is captioned:
    The relevant text section doesn't even mention #0848:

10. macca

macca Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2003
    I think it's the same car that won at Monza - just a gut feeling from the shape of the rad intake which is very slightly asymmetric, deeper left-of-centre as you look at it.

Paul M

(unless they swapped noses, of course!)

11. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #36 P4Replica, Jan 8, 2008
    You could be right there, Macca. Looks like the P3 at the Nürburgring possibly got a new windscreen wiper arm / blade too. ;)

12. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    #37 GIOTTO, Apr 12, 2008
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Paul that photo in posts 11 and 32 is fantastic: wow!

Giotto: Bardinon once did le Mont Dore hillclimb in a P3 or p4!

14. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Yes, Pierre Bardinon did the Mont-Dore with #0848. I'm still looking for photos...

15. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Can anyone help me to identify the Checkered Flag Decal that appears to have a Pegasus in the center? It was run on Chassis 0848 412P at 1000KM Monza in 1967 and Targa Florio the same year. The decal also shows up on the Filipinetti 275 GTB/C during the same year. The Pegasus has an arrow running through it. Any help to identify the origin of this decal or source to purchase it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nino

16. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Just a guess but rather than a pegasus, I wonder if it could be a cat as in Marchal.
    I did some searching and couldn't get very far but that occurred to me as a possibility.

17. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Hi, thanks for your reply. There is an SEV Marchal decal as well but the one I'm having trouble identifying is a checkered flag with some kind of horse/pegasus in the center that has an arrow running through it.

18. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    That's the one I'm referring to.
    I was not able to view that decal very large but I was still inclined to believe it might be the Marchal cat rather than a pegasus as you suggested.

19. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Here is a picture of Filipinetti 275 GTB/C with the same checkered flag decal used on 412P 0848 that I'm hoping to identify.
    In this photo the Marchal Decal is located to the left of the decal I'm referring to.

20. Collesano

Collesano Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    England UK
    Here's a photo of the decals on the restored Filipnetti 275GTB, they look properly researched and reproduced to a high quality.
    "SCUDERIA FILIPINETTI" is of course signwritten the proper way but the others were probably decals.

I've tried to find out what product or brand that "pegasus" sticker represents, it seems not to be unique to only Scuderia Filipinetti though.

Edit. JJNino beat me to it while I was researching, in vain ;)

21. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Thanks for your reply and the photo. Any help identifying this pegasus/horse decal would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm also looking for a source to purchase the specific period correct shell decal (with the little race car) shown next to the illusive Pegasus Flag. ;)

22. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    The picture of the sticker on the front fender of the 275 bears a resemblance to the famous Mobil Oil Pegasus which is quite common in automobilia.

Yes that's quite clear and I'm not at all confused about that.
    What I have been trying to say is that when I looked at pics on the internet of the rear fender of 0848 bearing race #7 as it appeared in the 1967 Monza 1000 km, I was not able to find anything of clear resolution.
    What I was able to blow up (slightly) looked more like a variation of the Marchal cat- if the cat were full body, not just face- than any pegasus.

The picture you posted of the 275 is fantastic resolution.
    Perhaps in the future you could post something like that in your original query.

23. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Sorry for the confusion... I'd not found the better photo of the decal on the 275 GTB/C until after posting my question. I hope it helps the community to identify it.
    It does resemble the Mobil Pegasus. Perhaps there's some relationship since it has an arrow running through it. Perhaps a competitor... ;)
    Hopefully a race historian familiar with Filipinetti Team will chime in with some answers. Nino

readplays likes this.
  24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    JJNino
    would be great if you could introduce yourself a little and fill out your profile. thx