456M GTA brake/gas pedal position | FerrariChat

456M GTA brake/gas pedal position

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by arkferrari, Jun 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    My 11EEE right shoe has to be careful when I'm driving so as to not encroach upon the wrong pedal. I am planning to reduce the width of the brake pedal with a cutting device, then have aluminum pads made to "veneer" the pedals. Any comments/suggestions pro or con?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Are the pedals drilled aluminum? If so you can often move the brake pedal one row to the left.

If not contact Ultimate Pedals and have them make a custom, smaller pedal for you so you can save the original.

3. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    The original brake pedal is one-piece with rubber pad making it non-adjustable. I believe my best remedy is to cut off the encroaching width and veneer with billet aluminum.

4. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, about the same as getting custom pedals. Ultimate Pedals custom builds pedals and does a really good job. A 7 liter Z06 I owned was almost impossible to heel and toe until they built a custom pedal for me.

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Just looked and Hill Engineering has a set of aluminum pedals for the 456/456M GTA. Should give you some play on how you mount them.