Looking to ride in an F1 | FerrariChat

Looking to ride in an F1

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Derby24, Jul 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derby24

Derby24 Rookie

Aug 29, 2019
    Acworth, GA
    Full Name:
    Andy H
    Hi All, my name is Andy and I'm the new owner of a 2001 360. I have the F1 trans and not sure if a tcu update is what I need or just start looking for gated parts. I live in Acworth and work in Roswell. Not looking to drive but just ride and get some input from an experienced driver. Afraid to take it to a shop and go down the F1 rabbit hole to end up wishing I spent the money on a gated swap. Thanks in advance.

2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Hey Andy, I don't have a 360 but did have an F430 F1. What is the issue you are experiencing / what feels 'off' to you?

If you want someone to give you some options/opinions on if it has a problem I'd recommend Wade@Merlin Automotive. He's a Ferrari Master Tech and a great guy - did all the work on my F430. But congrats on the new car! Pics??

3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I live south of acworth in west cobb. What's it doing that doesn't feel "normal"? Or do you just want to see another car to see if it sounds the same as yours? (been there).

I have a 348 manual...i cant' be much help in the F1 department.

sjd

4. Derby24

Derby24 Rookie

Aug 29, 2019
    Acworth, GA
    Full Name:
    Andy H
    I know it needs to be looked at as the clutch is overheating on hot days. It will slip in first and beep. What I'm afraid of is changing the TCU (mine is the old one without PIS I believe) and it not feeling much better. F1 parts are so expensive that I would rather source gated parts than dump a ton in the system unless it will feel better than what I have now. That was my reason to ride and feel a well sorted car. Thanks guys for responding and I would love to meet up with some local guys. This is my first Ferrari love learning about the cars.

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    IIRC, the only way to check clutch wear/reset is with the scan tool. a good independent should be able to help.

6. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Andy, give me text at 770-845-8335, (if you call I won't answer a number I don't have saved, don't need a car warranty or insurance.) I am the Ferrari tech at Merlin and I will be happy to talk to you and answer any questions. You can stop by and have the clutch wear checked as well if you like. You can wait for that, with a mask and social distancing and all that of coarse.

DefunctNeurons likes this.