Testarossa Car Cover (Outdoor) | FerrariChat

Testarossa Car Cover (Outdoor)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by oo7ml, Jul 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oo7ml

oo7ml Karting

Dec 4, 2018
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi,

I've made a deal on a Testarossa and hope to pick it up in 2 weeks from the dealer. Thank you to all of your help in answering my silly questions, it is much appreciated... and a special thanks to Ben who got in touch with me and was great assistance.

I'm in the process of designing / building a garage at the moment, and it's not likely to be finished for another 4-5 months. Unfortunately my Testarossa will have to stay outside until it is ready.

Can anyone recommend an outdoor cover for the Testarossa.

On another note, how many people actually keep their car outside?

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Id never keep it outside.., leather way too fragile ajnd can shrink... it’s not hot in Ireland but I would consider storage or getting that car cover ASAP. U need this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkyranakis likes this.
  3. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    The Covercraft weathershield covers are great! highest quality and will exceed your expectation in protection. I am speaking as a user/owner and I am not aware of a better cover on the market. I bought one for my 328GTS; as I was in a similar situation as you years ago.

I checked and they make them for the TR.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/1986-ferrari-testarossa/vehicle-covers/custom-fit-carcovers/

I do not recommend fancy colors (I bought red) as the sun will fade it over time.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    My car lives outside. Not great for it, but it has held up well. I use a covercraft cover. Just watch out, the cover can wear through the paint

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

5. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    MHO
    Carcoon is bettet

6. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Unfortunately leaving these cars outside is never good, but it is what it is, and with no other options, buy the best cover possible. As above no worries with a company like Covercraft. The cover however is only part of the solution. You cannot put a cover on a car that is dirty in any way or the paint will suffer, and in some cases, as the wind moves the cover, it will scrub away the paint. You also should not leave a cover wet on the car to dry as it can blister the paint and create other issues. An outdoor cover can be rainproof and breathable, but that does not resolve the issues, it just means the cover will last longer while damaging the car ;-) As long as you are aware of the issues, you can make sure that you take extra care.

Natkingcolebasket69 and ag512bbi like this.
  7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Great points you have to consider!