AC Drier Replacement | FerrariChat

AC Drier Replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by slysnake, Jul 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slysnake

slysnake Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Proctor
    I'm trying to do an AC service on my 2002 360 and have a bit of a problem. Both the Aldous Voice article and the workshop manual I have show what must be an older version of the car. looking at the 2002 the piping is different. Here's my car:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

There is a brake module component (upper left corner) that blocks access to removing the connection on that side. Any trick to access that? Also, I want to replace the expansion valve. Refrigerant has been removed and recycled.

2. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    When I did the one on my old Modena, I had to removed the windshield cowl so i could get my hands down to the "back" (vehicle right) of the Receiver/Dryer. It isnt too bad to do. Maybe someone has a better idea though.
    -Matt

24000rpm likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Why do u want to change the exp valve ? Dont normally go wrong !,

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When it's back together please cable tie the loose cable to the rest of the loom from the from the ABS module; a cable terminal must be supported to prevent vibration induced failure.

5. slysnake

slysnake Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Proctor
    OK, figured it out.

1. Remove the connection with the hard pipe first.
    2. Unfasten the two pipes where they connect to the firewall
    3. remove the electrical connector from the pressure switch
    4. remove the bracket from the drier bottle (I left it fastened to the pipe though. Seemed to come out easily.)
    5. pull the pipes back and out of the way
    7. pull the dryer out and access to the connection is easy!

The old drier bottle has the date 14-08 on it. Does that mean it was last change was sometime after 2014 or 2008? Either way, probably time to change it.

"please cable tie the loose cable to the rest of the loom from the from the ABS module" Will do. Thanks, I never would have noticed that.

"Why do u want to change the exp valve ? Dont normally go wrong !" I thought it might be prudent because I was in there. But I think your right, I'm going to leave it alone. Guess you have to remove the glove box to get to it?