SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE | Page 9 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The new SF90 Stradale -

1. I ordered one

16.1%
  2. I will order one

9.4%
  3. I’m considering

14.2%
  4. No sorry, nothing for me

35.1%
  5. I would if I could

20.3%
  6. Waiting for a preowned one

5.0%
  1. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Not necessarily the case at all. Yes McLaren will have a V6 hybrid in their next hybrid. But that's no guarantee it will be the same in the 720S/765LT replacement. They do currently have a V8 hybrid in use after all, in Speedtail.

I'm not so convinced that Ferrari's engineering is as class leading as you do btw. I suspect Lamborghini's is more advanced, thanks to their VAG ownership, and VAG's huge investment in bybridisation and electrification. More so because of dieselgate.

Anyway time will tell. What we do already know is that the SF90 is a heavyweight, with everything that this entails. And pretty ugly to most observers.

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    As light as vapourware? ;)

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    That is just hyperbole and conjecture. Stop 10 people in the street and ask if it’s ugly, I guarantee less than 6 will say “yes”. Looking at the survey above, I don’t even think most people on fchat think it’s ugly - one third don’t want one (and not all of those will say it’s ugly), the other two-thirds are buying one, will buy one, wish they could buy one. People don’t usually drop half a million on something they think is ugly. There seem to be a posse on fchat that have decided that because they don’t like the way this car looks, then no one else is allowed to either. The fchat style police.

4. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Hardly. Hybrids are inevitable from all manufacturers. They have no real choice, to meet emissions requirements.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Yet mclaren might have found the way around that. Bankruptcy...

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think McLaren has some really excellent technology, but that is only part of the equation. Ferrari also has some great technology- they are just doing different things. We all win when companies think they can make a better product. Time will tell what the compeition can come out with and how it excites us. In the mean time we have SF90 now. A lot of the people only talk about how fast a car is 0-x speed, well here is a car that I think beats just about everyone at any price. It's very impressive.

stavura, Bundy and Thecadster like this.