Lewis Hamilton | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Not possible in this era. Lewis isn't capable of building a great team, he was fortunate to step into one.

stavura and jpalmito like this.
  2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Unfortunately I can only agree.

Beating Bottas is not the greatest of challenges.

stavura and jpalmito like this.
  3. Correction.......two.

Mc & Merc.......

:)

william likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes - there are issues to be fixed lol

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The CEO has obviously been told not to expect wins until the 2022 season.
    Why should he focus on anything that far out?

william likes this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    British journalists (autosport) are trying their best to create a movie story on Hamilton being the GOAT.
    But it sounds so artificial so fake .
    Beating Bottas is no glory
    the W11 is the best formula one car of all time
    Even stroll should be world champion in this car.
    On top of that the hamilton political correct speech is just the cherry on the cake for me.

stavura, Flavio_C and Igor Ound like this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    When team managers look for talent, do they look for the F2/F3 driver to has team building skills? Or do they look for a great driver? If you like team builders you should suggest they make a category for that so Ross Brawn, Toto and others can get honored.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Who has beat the most champion team mates? Schumacher or Hamilton? I'll save you the resaerch Ham 2 Schumi 0

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This conduct is old. Through out history, who ever is on top will get praised. No reason to suddenly act like its a problem when Lewis does it

lorenzobandini, Terra and william like this.
  10. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Why should he focus on anything that far out? Have you not seen how Mercedes benefitted from their head start in 2014? That’s still paying dividends today, but by all means focus effort of smiling and clapping at the competition while your drivers qualify fourth and tenth. It’s embarrassing, and I would be even more irritated if I was a shareholder.

stavura and 375+ like this.
  11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You sound like your own echo chamber.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A CEO has a lot more on his plate than is F1 team being a worth competitor 2 years from now.
    At most he should direct the engine team to find more power, the chassis team to find more grip, and the aero team to find more downforce at lower drag.
    But other than these directions (which should be completely UNNECESSARY for a worth F1 team) the CEO should stay out of their hair.

lorenzobandini, Terra and william like this.
  13. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I dislike Hamilton’s style and his politics, but can we just stop arguing whether he is a great driver already?

Yes, the Mercedes makes him look like the second coming of Jesus Christ, but he tied Alonso, beat Button more seasons than not, and beat Rosberg. His record against those three and his titles make him a great driver by default. Anyone who is objective should agree with this.

This might piss people off, but you know what? Vettel is a great driver too, even though he couldn’t beat Hamilton. Alonso was great too. He spanked nearly every one of his teammates including Raikkonen and Button. Hell, even Rosberg was pretty good. Felipe Massa is probably the best driver to never win a title and he was pretty good. Button was pretty good, Webber was pretty good, Raikkonen, etc.

You know who aren’t great or even good drivers? Stroll, Latifi, Ericsson, Mehri, van der Garde, Kartikeyan, Nasr, and a slew of other names that have already been forgotten.

My point is that once you hit this level, it’s all personal preference and there’s no such thing as a greatest of all time because you can’t compare different eras. What we do seem to do is raise a whole bunch of what if situations that would dramatically alter discussions if they actually happened. What if Alonso had a better car? What if Massa won in ‘08? What if Hamilton didn’t go to Mercedes? What if Vettel didn’t choke in ‘18? Could Schumacher or Hamilton have the balls to do what Fangio did? Could they return to the sport if they suffered the same misfortune as Niki? What if Gilles didn’t die? Senna?

It’s all nonsense and these guys are all great.

Looking forward to seeing Leclerc, Norris, Russell, and Verstappen become great.

william, Ferrari 308 GTB, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I think Hammy should show support for his fans who are banned from attendance by going on strike for a few months. That'll show'em who's boss!

375+ likes this.
  15. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    At most, he should be working on repairing the team’s structure like Luca did and Sergio attempted to do before he died. I’ve seen no evidence of this. With a ticker symbol like “RACE,” he bears responsibility.

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #291 Mark(study), Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    After Lewis's pole today, made me think, adding these 7 drivers together ( Alonso, Raikkonen, Button, Rosberg, Bottas, Massa, Webber) you don't come near Lewis's 91 poles unless you add one from the top 3 runners-up column to their total (Schumacher, Senna, or Vettle). Anyone want to do the math?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ktu likes this.
  17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

18. Now who said something about an echo? Oh yeah, you. :p

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Comparing Lewis to Jim Clark is absurd.

20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Well, please keep in mind that Sergio Marchionne fired Luca Montezemolo. To me Luca is the most important leader in Ferrari history other than Enzo himself.
    Luca had plenty of gas left in the tank when he was sent packing.

Terra and 375+ like this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Good point. Its days like today that shows having the best car is not everything. Lewis had to bounce back after his accident in Q2, get his head back in the game to grab pole

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Most impressive is senna. Ratio race per pole but also the car he was driving when he had lots of them wasn’t the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05011994 likes this.
  23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They do not need F1 at all. As a luxury brand, racing is a luxury. They will never not sell good numbers of vehicles.

24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner.
    Button outpointed Hamilton over 3 seasons.
    Bottas is a journeyman.

Mercedes remains a monster.

Good for Lewis. Bad for the sport.

stavura and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004