how much is your Lusso insurance? | FerrariChat

how much is your Lusso insurance?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by bruno787, Aug 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    just curious how much is car insurance around the globe......ill start with mine, its US$10,000/year for a new Lusso V12.

2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Uhhhhh, get a new insurance broker. I pay $2400/yr for my 812 insured at $500k agreed value with unlimited miles.

Rick Weston, PTG1 and Grandmaster like this.
  3. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

360 a year? 30 dollars a month? Or u mean car value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
    $30 a month. Use PURE. My Mclaren is $600 a year with a $185k replacement value. I think they understand that you can’t physically drive more than one car at a time. All are garaged. So insuring one of these cars or 10 of them is pretty much the same risk.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Insane ! Insure will consider them!

7. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    insurance companies are making a killing here in that case, a $2,400 policy here is equivalent to a $150,000 more or less :( my $10,000 policy covers around $500,000

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    pure rocks - lots of big collection guys have done the chubb --> AIG --> Pure migration

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    PURE requires a million dollar replacement primary home coverage with them. Also stated/agreed value policies all have a total loss clause that allows them to pay fair market value, whichever is less. ask your provider if you don't believe me.

"In the event of theft or a total loss we will pay the Stated Value
    or the Actual Cash Value, whichever is less."

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Good to know, I’ll have to check my policy.

Also, a $1m house in my neck of the woods is a shack/closet, so that isn’t too difficult to do sadly

11. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    1 million replacement value, not for sale value. so it won't include land value. 1 million construction cost is a high end 7000 sqft build.

12. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I don’t remember the $/sq ft construction costs at the moment, but it’s pretty high. It won’t take a 7,000sq ft house to get there. I want to say the rates are around $350+ at the moment

13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Agreed amount and stated value are NOT the same thing. You don’t wanted stated amount you do want agreed value. With agreed value that is what the insurance company will pay for a total loss - no haggling just check writing. With stated amount that is the maximum they will pay after haggling, usually a lot less which is actual cash value or fair market value. Make sure you have a good insurance broker.

colonels likes this.
  14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Kind depends where you live $350/sq ft for a 7,000 sq ft home is likely low for CA but may high or right on for the mid west. Keep in mind when a single home is reconstructed not as part of a tract of homes there are no economics of scale and you are actually paying custom home rates for labor and materials, even though the original was a tract constructed home.

SeattleStew likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just emailed this verbiage to my agent and she confirmed this is NOT language in my policy.

JAM1 likes this.
  16. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
    Mine says “agreed value”. Pretty straight forward. And where do i move to build at 150/sq ft? We can’t get under $500/sq ft here.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sisiay likes this.
  17. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    haha maybe i should've specified builder cost not what you would pay. tract homes are 75/sqft, higher end is around 150/sqft, that's Atlanta. Labor/union costs for other cities will affect price but material costs should be the same. Contractor markups 20%.

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    There are vastly different quality tract homes. Some are very highly upgraded over the very base level of construction while others are the lowest basic of materials and often low level of labor used as well. I just am not believing that you get much home for $75 cost or $90 with profit added. Maybe low cost multi tenant public housing but not average quality single family housing.

19. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    $360 per year?? Which company?

20. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Same. I think the policy terms depends on your net worth and total insurance with them (homes, multiple exotics, etc).

21. Alco_86

Alco_86 Rookie

Nov 12, 2018
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Alex Corda
    Same for me here in Miami, $11000/year

22. Ira messing

Ira messing Rookie

May 4, 2019
    San Diego / Cincinnati Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ira messing
    Please advise if USD who's your carrier? Contact info please Thanx

23. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    Well if they are in the same building and that burns down, every car is at risk. Moreover you cannot drive a car without road-insurance on the road, so every car must be insured.

24. dnweiss

dnweiss Rookie

Nov 16, 2015
    Try Hagerty. Your broker is very high.
    Good luck,

SECRET likes this.
  25. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    I think I pay about $1400/yr in CA for a 2017 Lusso through Costco, but it's not an agreed value policy. Planning on switching to PURE but our house is being renovated and they won't write policy until that's finished.

Everyone else I tried was over $4k/yr for agreed value policy, but SoCal is not known for cheap anything when it comes to cars.