Warning! - CEA centre esthétique automobile Saint Tropez detailing | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

#1 Inadeje, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Warning Ferrari owners - After driving from Paris to Saint Tropez the front of my car was covered in dead bugs and flies so I decided to visit CEA centre esthétique automobile. The company appeared professional based upon their website offerings. 2 hours later I returned to collect what I was expecting to be a hand washed immaculate car without the bugs/flies. To my shock and horror their 150 euro car detailing service is carried out with a karcher pressure washer!! The 2 euro for 5 minutes type machines you see at gas stations. Instead of hand washing the 350k euro Ferrari 599 as advertised to remove the encrusted flies they evidently thought they’d economize time holding the powerful water-jet so close to the paint that it literally ripped off the clear coat varnish on the front of the hood/bonnet leaving me with thousands in Ferrari repainting costs. If you own an expensive car you can trash your own paint for 2 euros buy holding a pressure washer against an area of paint until it cuts through the paint or, you can pay CEA centre esthétique automobile Saint Tropez to wreck your car the same way for 150 euros. Be very careful indeed, it could wreck your car and holiday as it has done to mine.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ryalex and 350MH83 like this.
  2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Steve, that looks horrendous, sympathies!

You should also post a review on relevant local French sites. It's an old cliche about the Riviera that there are many who rip people off and don't care, what a shame for you and your car.

F456M and 350MH83 like this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Awful. I can’t imagine receiving a car back in that condition....the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do. What did they say about it?

4. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

The usual BS you get from unprofessional outfits. Basically my only solace if that other supercar owners read this and hopefully these people pay for the damage that way, since their “hand wash” detailing is a fake scam and they just use a high pressure karcher. If I had known it wasn’t a hand wash they would never have received the car, but like many scams they have a web page promising a service which later doesn’t exist. I wanted the car cleaned quickly since those bugs can get baked on in the sun so I looked online and founds these guys. Massive costly mistake which will cost me dearly, and the messed up hood in the interim.

5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Steve, I feel bad reading what happened to UR car.
    I was wondering with enough photo and payment evidence, wouldn't it be easy to sue them for that in europe?
    TC,,,

350MH83 likes this.
  6. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

it crossed my mind @Doc_Dent but French courts and legal fees, plus I’m only in europe for 3 months a year. I looked into the company further and they only have a 5k euro share capital too. Sueing companies like that is a fools errand since they just file for bankruptcy if you get a favorable judgement. I will simply have to bite the bullet and warn fellow supercar owners about their practices. Thanks for the support.

theunissenguido likes this.
  7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks for the warning and you are right not to try to sue them. They would just disappear. I can imagine myself using an outfit like this - long blast south, want the car to look good, they sound good.

however, Fchat doesn’t have a footprint in St Trop. If you want to get them attention , do what a user would do and google car detailing st tropez. Then you should comment on these pages as shown on the screenshot. That should both cost them business and annoy them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

350MH83 likes this.
  8. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I would say the right way to «hand wash» the car is to soak it in with a good foam and then indeed pressure clean it. And do it one more time if the bugs don’t go off. Then hand wash it. By wiriting «hand wash», what they actually mean is that the car is not driven through machine wash. A car wash in Desenzano, Italy, got my 550 and then quickly took it through their machine wash. When I raised the matter, he got angry and showed me a picture on his phone that they had just taken a Bugatti Veyron through the same machine same day. If it was ok for a Veyron, it should be fine for me too they thought... After that I decided to wash my car myself the right way! I work in the Saint-Tropez area, and the place I use to wash down there, is Total just past Sainte-Maxime or the one at McDonalds in Port Cogolin. The self wash machine actually talk to you aswell... Canon mousse, pre-lavage haute pression, rincaice, finition lustre exterieur.... So a bit funny. And it is done in 20 min. The same job you pay 150 euro for... better to spend the 140 euro you save at L’Opera.

I would demand them to repaint the hood! Thanks for the tip. But 150 euro for washing a car....???
    Erik

Attached Files: