430 - F430 Wiper issue - Wiring Diagram? | FerrariChat

430 F430 Wiper issue - Wiring Diagram?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Howardtheduck, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Howardtheduck

Howardtheduck Rookie

Jul 20, 2020
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Full Name:
    Howard Yakimishyn
    Hey team,

I'm the proud owner of a 2009 F430 Spyder and the car has some quirks (TPMS module issues, wind thing between the headrests rattling, etc.) but those will be in other posts.

I will preface my issue to say I'm not at home in my regular shop and getting any parts out here will be more than challenging.

Last week, we went for a drive. There were some rain cells in the area and the wipers were working fine. We stopped for about 30 mins, got back in and hit some more rain. The wipers didn't work at all.

Since then, I have replaced the fuses (no issues there), switched relays around since I don't have a relay tester with me here (no issues there either that I could figure.)

I have no power to the switch in the column by probing all the connections.

I did find the relay box which I believe is the intermittent control (Magna Electronics 765.10 12V 253060)

The weird thing is that when I probe the harness to the wiper motor, there is a click in the relay box on the orange wire. Ground to ground shouldn't trip a relay so WTF is going on?

In desperation to drive the car safely, I unplugged the harness from the motor and wired direct switched power to the wiper motor (green / white) but the wipers move a 1/8 speed for a bit then quit. If you wait a bit, you can get them to move again for a couple cycles at that same 1/8 speed.

Before I keep messing around with the temporary fix, I though I would reach out and beg to see if anyone has a wiring diagram they could send.

I searched all the forums and couldn't find a post on this issue from anyone.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Does the motor work with direct power ? If not does it have a capacitor attached to the outside ? If that is no good it will not run.

3. Howardtheduck

Howardtheduck Rookie

Jul 20, 2020
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Full Name:
    Howard Yakimishyn
    It does run but at 1/8 speed. As I'm sure you are aware, you can't run the wipers with the hood open so it's a "change this, close hood, try it" approach. The capacitor should be in the motor housing but I haven't pulled the motor out. The motor seems fine, it's something upstream. I could try wiring in a capacitor from the direct power. Any ideas as to what size capacitor?

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If it has a capacitor and it is running at all then the capacitor is ok- if it had failed it would do bugger all. If it is only going slow, it is either a tight motor or something gone on the control side. Measure the volts in the wiring loom plug with the motor disconnected- the wipers have 2 speeds so would assume the motor has 2 speeds as well.
    You need some voltage readings first, i can then check against mine