T50 | FerrariChat

T50

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by therryzsx, Aug 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Definitely a resemblance to the F1, but imo not that good looking. The bug eye headlights really mess up the front. It reminds me of the early 2000s Toyota MR2 spyder proportionally at least relative to the rest of the front end. The rear is also weird mainly because of the fan. I bet it is the best driver's car for sure compared to its competitors so I doubt any owners will be disappointed.

Igor Ound likes this.
  3. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks for sharing.

I watched the video with Harry.

Really great to see someone that passionate/skilled/able getting to do a big dream project.

I hope Mr. Pagani and and Mr. von Keonigsegg do interviews to provide their perceptions of the T50.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Amazing car! :cool:

This will be the holy grail of naturally aspirated car in history.

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I honestly think this car will be unsurpassed as a drivers' car, if they manage to pull it off as Gordon explains in these videos.

TopspeedPT, Thecadster and Bas like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Apart from the front lights...this thing is absolute perfection.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    agree
    even the front lights are not too bad
    Ferrari needs to raise his game for the next halo car.
    i really hope for a real millichili car..

8. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this is millichili car, cuz it's weight one ton and it's very small with V12, this is what Ferrari should build instead of LaFerraii, Gordon Murray is genius

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I was talking about Ferrari future hypercar
    I know T50 weights 986 kgs

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I like the integration/design. I don't like the fact that it's a manual. They should have done at least a sequential gear lever if not paddles for a car of this performance, i know this car is not about lap times but i just don't get leaving so much speed and consistency on the table in a car of this capability. If some one does compare lap times, people are for ever gonna think "well it would have been 2 sec faster if was'nt manual"

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I tend to agree with this, the uber tech combined with old school hand shaker seems a little out of balance. In the end, the car will be by itself in a completely new genre.

ktu likes this.
  12. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Shouldn't we expect another version after the first 100, perhaps with a different tranny?

This round is an ultimate homage to the F1 (expect a large percentage of buyer of the T50 to be current/former owners of the F1).

I do kind of wish he gave the fan project to Dyson to come up with an even cooler one.

Thecadster likes this.
  13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    agreed, what a car. just focusing on the driving experience instead of stupid numbers (other than the price!)

intresting to read the interviews with him, he really liked the F50 but nothing since from Ferrari (he's driven them all) and he decided not to use carbon fibre wheels because he says if you curb one then they are extremely dangerous and can crack (he's worked with carbon fibre composites for 30+ years!)

14. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    The shifter is at the the driver's right hand this time (smart move to cater to LHD oriented markets)

15. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I think if you are complaining about no DCT you don’t understand this car.

Sterling Sackey likes this.
  16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Maybe. I certainly understand the homage to a bygone era, but, at least to me, putting a hand shaker in this car, is just as peculiar as putting a DCT into a Porsche reimagined by Singer, or converting a 05/06 Ford GT to DCT. Those cars are analogue through and through. This car is bleeding edge tech. It has a 7000 rpm fan than creates heretofore unimaginable downforce for God’s sake...

17. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I believe the car is about driving experience. I don’t know about others, but nailing downshifts is absolutely sublime to me. Clicking paddles? Not for me from a driving experience. On the track? I have flappy paddles.

anunakki and Thecadster like this.
  18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The F1 was always right hand stick shift. The photo above yours that you refer to with left hand stick shift is due to a flipped image. That particular F1, like the rest of them, have the stick for the right hand.

Thecadster likes this.
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't know if I'd say this has the latest tech. It is a n/a V12. It has no turbo, battery hybrid system, regen braking, etc. They could've have done a lot more technology-wise with this car, but it's a driver's car as said above. The Mercedes hypercar is something I think paddle shifter works with given everything in that.

willwork04 and Thecadster like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    All good points. Maybe “engineering marvel” is more appropriate than “technological marvel”. Certainly technology went into all the engineering, especially the active aero, the weight savings, all the various suspension settings, etc. At least for me, this is not much different than putting a hand shaker in a LaFerrari. It’s worth mentioning, I own both a 05/06 Ford GT and a 2017 Viper ACR, so I am a hardcore advocate for an old school manual gearbox.

21. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    I inverted horizontally the F1 interior image . Shifter is at the right side.

22. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks very much for that clarification

23. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It is on the F1 too, the picture is flipped.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's a car built and targeted for the demographic who lived the McLaren f1 days, but couldn't buy one at the time. Now these guys have the money, let's build them a car. Its geared and marketed towards dinosaurs like us. Gordon is a smart man. I would buy one without thinking if I had a spare 3 mill to part with. That v12 is simply amazing..

Thecadster and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.