My Portofino journey | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My Portofino journey

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Y not, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Congratulations! The Porto is just beautiful. I love how personalized it is while feeling classic. Sounds like it was worth the wait.

Y not likes this.
  2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations!

Y not likes this.
  3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    WOW, this was all part of the handover? Splendid. :) I receive my Portofino next Saturday (also Azzurro Cali) and will let you know what happens.

4. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Looking forward to your handover. It’s all about the car and everything else is just noise on the day :D

The Hotel/restaurant and trailering the Car over a short distance before we arrived was sorted by the dealership. I sorted the heli as we didn’t want to travel over in a car and back in 2 (plus it was cool of course). We tried to make landing the heli at the dealership work but it was not possible (some overhead power lines and perfectly understandably I don’t think they wanted to wash dust off the rest of theirs/Porsches stock afterwards).

Car unloading pic and one of the restaurant courses below...I cannot find the words to describe that but it’s a really fun dish.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

russellmcg likes this.
  5. Zarakoff

Zarakoff Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Ian Curley

Absolutely stunning colourway on the seats and dash live the vents .you don’t see any used ones around with that attention to detail inside .
    How come you didn’t go for Passenger display imo I think that is a must

6. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    didn’t buy the car for the passenger ;) seriously, not interested in the computer technology side of cars. It’s about the feel of the drive for me.

Copilot is responsible for 1. nav, 2. music and 3. opening the road snacks. The first two can be done 20cm to the right (right hand drive car) and the last one is pure analogue.

Same reason I skipped Apple car play. Just not something I feel needs to be in my car. Apple also have a bit of a history of obsolescence :(

7. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I agree with you on the passenger display. I do like technology in the car but the passenger can do everything on the main screen; as the dealer pointed out, it is just 10 cms further away.:rolleyes: Also Apple Carplay is irrelvent if all you want to do is listen to the music on your phone. I tested that during the one of the test drives and bluetooth with the iphone worked very well.

Y not likes this.
  8. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Great surprise in the post from the dealer today. Hardback book with pictures from inside our Atelier room session, the hotel / dinner, lunch at Montana and production line photos off the app all included. Really nice unexpected touch. Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc and russellmcg like this.
  9. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Hey Ynot. I posted earlier that I really liked the blue rings on the air vents. Were they ordered from Ferrari or fitted later. I would love to get them for my car but as my car (Portofino) has already been delivered it will have to be in the after market. Do you know of anyone who sells them?

10. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    The blue on the cover of your book is gorgeous. Of course perfect lighting.

What color is that? Azzuro correct?

11. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Hey Cyr, hope you are enjoying the new car. Blue is the new red :)

It was a factory option. Listed on the Personalisation Specifications plate in the trunk as Air Vent Grips in Glossy Baby Blu. It shows on the dealer order form as zero cost but I think that’s because they bundled it into the leather customisation Costs on my seats/doors etc.

I originally asked for the metal air vent part to be painted with a hoop so it looked like the 812 ones (They have a rubber coloured band just below the lip) but that was not possible Due to colour finish matches. I’ve had some interior parts in other cars hydro dipped which gave me the idea.

12. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Yes Azzuro California. Looks darker like Azzuro Dino on the book, but Azzuro California on the car changes a lot in different lights anyway. Interestingly the one image that the colour never looks like is the one on the configurator but thats modern screens for you. I’d seen other cars in the metal before ordering.

13. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thanks for your reply. I will see if rings can be ordered and fitted post production. If not will have to live with the standard metal ones.

14. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Please keep us posted since I might be interested for my Porto too....thanks

15. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    Your car is absolutely stunning
    Well done with the spec you have style
    I am now rethinking . Lovely!
    Ferrarijonny

16. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
  17. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    Thanks. Do you have any ideas on your spec yet? It will probably change 50 times before you lock in though. It’s a great experience.

18. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight

19. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    This will be my first Ferrari as I have previously had Bentley Continentals
    always blue (silverlake, blue crystal )
    and my wife says if a Ferrari it mustbe red
    So been thinking rosso corsa with sabina
    but you spec has got me really excited!

20. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    My recommendation would be to consider one of the metallic reds if you go this route. The metallic colors really accentuate the curves on the bodywork. I spent a lot of time evaluating a metallic blue Portofino in person a few months ago (gorgeous), and then a Rossa Corsa one last month (yuck). On a car with bodywork expanses as big as the Portofino, the Rossa Corsa is just a big blob of red with orange tones. Really underwhelming in person. Any of the metallic colors would have looked miles better.

21. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    Thanks.

22. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight

23. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    We will be interested in your comparison vs the Conti.

I also put a red spec together at the Atelier session, but the blue won out. My rational included the fact that there are some v8s in the Ferrari back catalogue that I’d like to own and there are understandably a lot of red ones around.

Hopefully the events will start back up early spring. I used some of those to look at specs etc.

24. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Vive la difference. My wife said if it is to be a Ferrari, anything but red. ;). We chose Azzurro California with a crema interior and I have received a lot of compliments from people on the street on the colour combo. Red is a bit "expected" and "in your face". Something else exudes class.

AD211 and Jonathan Knight like this.
  25. Jonathan Knight

Oct 12, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Knight
    Yes I like California a lot. I can see marital disharmony!