Ferrari ROMA | Page 109 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm 6'4 , 230 lbs and sat in a Roma yesterday. While I didn't drive it it seemed comfortable. Certainly much more comfortable that my Scud or Porsches. Legs weren't bunched up, arms had comfortable bend at elbows, plenty of head room, seat was nice and the interior is spectacular looking! I did have to bend my head to exit, otherwise easier to get out of than my other sports cars. I plan on driving one when available in a couple of months. I'm considering buying one.

2. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    saw one in person in white metallic at our local dealership. stunning car!

stavura and uhn2000 like this.
  3. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Is there a black option? That would blend with the black below the grill and run logically from the black at the headlights.

4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I found it interesting that the interior door latch appears push-button/electric. I'm presuming there's a manual latch that could be used in the event of electrical issues. Otherwise, the concept seems ill-advised.
    I'm still not a fan of the central touchscreen. It feels too me-too as opposed to something organic or innovative.I hope it at least has a very scratch-resistant surface, because otherwise all the necessary fingerprint-scrubbing will mar the surface faster than the 0-60 time.

5. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I believe there is a silver and a matte gray option.

6. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Not quite. All grills are painted as far as I know but two options exist where one is “front grill with chrome edges” and “front grill with dark edges.”

In the configurator the differences are very subtle.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I believe it is still a mechanical switch. Just a push button one. The outer door handle is a very light touch mechanical push switch.

Tablet glass today is very robust. And very difficult to scratch.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vcappp likes this.
  8. Mba

Mba Rookie

May 6, 2019
    Yes there is a manual latch under the door armrest door pocket. It must be for safety reasons

vcappp and C50 like this.
  9. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    On average, these must be the best reviews for a platform that started from California. The only real complaints appear to be touch controls. Given how well this car rides, while being also practical and economical, I think it will face a great interest also by those currently non-interested Ferrari owners, when they get to see its slim modern lines next to their own Ferraris. It's a classic.

vcappp, greg328 and 456-boy like this.
  10. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Did we ever had a front engine V8? No. So this car maybe will be a classic in 30 years - but I doubt it will run in 2030 because of all that electronic stuff. A 250 GTE will run in 2030 for sure

11. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    I see what you mean with electronics.

Anyway, we have had V8 on the front for 12 years now, on 4 major models + few sub versions. I think the oldest one (California) is still capable to run although it contains decent amount of electronics. While Roma has lots more electronics, I suspect it will be still fine in 2030.

vcappp and LARRYH like this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 959 is full of electronics, but they still run fine. There is nothing to suggest that modern cars won't either. Especially Ferraris, with the Classiche department to look after them.

vcappp likes this.
  13. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
  14. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
  15. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    "Launch event tonight at Ferrari of Atlanta. Much better in person even if in pre-production form."

I'll be there, tomorrow. Very much looking forward to seeing the Roma! I'll post photos tomorrow evening.

llk likes this.
  16. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I saw the Roma at Ferrari of Atlanta, today. We spent a great deal of time looking all around it and sitting in it. If you think the car looks great in photos, you are in for a treat. The Roma is simply gorgeous. There is no denying this fact. Even the most jaded critic will find it difficult, if sincerity is his goal, to fault the looks of this car. For me, the Roma is easily one of the most beautiful Ferraris produced in the past twenty years, if not more. Furthermore, its elegant lines are timeless. They will look as pretty thirty years from now. Does it share a resemblance to some cars from the past and others from the present? To some degree - as much as a smooth line drawn to define a low-slung front engine coupe will always result in some common themes, but the Roma very much takes that theme and makes it very much her own. I'd argue that it does so to near perfection. Truly, she is a stunning automobile. I was impressed by the Roma's wide stance. I loved the look of the body color grill (and, perhaps the excellent Blue Roma color made it easy to love). The grill looked more interesting to me in person than in photos. More interesting in the fact that it looked less cheap and after-thought-ish than my first impression from photos. I actually like the design, now. BTW, the dealer told me, specifically, that it was available in different colors other than body color, so I guess that question is still unresolved as it was argued, differently, a few posts back. Maybe that's still a debate at Ferrari to offer options? Moving on, the wheels are nice, and the rear haunches of this car are wide and aggressive - the overall appearance of the rear, in general, being very pleasant and well-proportioned. I found the Roma's cockpit to be extremely comfortable. The center console is designed almost as an armrest, and in a way that your hand rests just over the gear selector panel and within a short reach to that central touchpad (which is smaller in person than it looks in pictures). The steering wheel is simple and uncluttered, and most importantly, well-positioned. I was invited back to test drive a production model in October. From the looks, alone, Ferrari has a huge winner with the Roma. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, vcappp, Chizz and 8 others like this.
  17. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Truly stunning especially in that grey...Did you note which Grigio it is, it looks like Ferro but pictures tend to distort colours..

18. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    It's Blu Roma. A handsome color that's obviously a blue tone in person. It's like a midnight blue or steel blue.

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  19. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    vcappp, Sammi, crinoid and 3 others like this.
  20. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    marko.urbac, llk, F140C and 1 other person like this.
  21. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Don't get me wrong, I think the Roma is a beautiful Ferrari GT and will do very well!
    But the active aero wing is useless on a GT and takes away from it. IMHO

22. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Only useless if the GT's shape is designed in a way to not have airflow separation issues at high speed. I seriously doubt Ferrari thought the active aero wing was a great design aesthetic. Pretty shapes and great aero don't always correlate. Look at the 250 GTO. It is a slower car than the Roma, has a similar shape, but it has a duck tail, kicked-up spoiler in the back to solve that issue. That would disturb the fluid lines of the Roma, so they've corrected the side-effect of uncompromised beauty with an active spoiler which deploys only when needed.

vcappp and F140C like this.
  23. coolhandshin

coolhandshin Rookie

Nov 24, 2016
    Indeed, there isn't a button to needlessly raise the spoiler when at low speeds.
    Ferrari wants nobody to take a real close look at it deployed while standing still. :)

vcappp and SAT4RE like this.
  24. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I suspect there must be a way to raise the spoiler for a “car wash” mode so it can be cleaned under during routine washes. I have had this feature on other similar raising spoilers for this very reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp likes this.