308gt4 paint sticker exact location | FerrariChat

308gt4 paint sticker exact location

Discussion in '308/328' started by DinoD67, Aug 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DinoD67

DinoD67 Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Dephillips
    Hi, I’ve ordered a replacement Glasurit paint sticker for my Dino and can’t seem to find a pic anywhere of where it’s supposed to actually go. I’ve found a thread here with “under the trunk” but that doesn’t help. Anyone snap a pic for me? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Not sure if this will be any help, but it's on the "trunk" of my 328 (over the engine) on the right. At least it may help the next 328 restorer out there! Does anyone know where we can get replacement stickers? Mike Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. DinoD67

DinoD67 Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Dephillips
    I ordered from Superformance UK and had my order in hand after 4 days.

4. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Is it a late production Dino? I thought the Dino era was Glidden Salchi paint system but maybe that is just the early cars?

Here is some good info on placement:

http://308restoration.com/2019/03/308-paint-labels/

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. DinoD67

DinoD67 Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Dephillips
    I believe that is correct, however, I can’t find the Glidden sticker anywhere for sale. Any suggestions?

6. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    In the comments section at the end of that linked page someone suggests Eurospares. Might also ask on the 246 section as more folks looking for factory exact details due to the value of those cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
  8. colinoz

colinoz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2010
    Raymond Terrace, Aus
    Full Name:
    Col Goldie
    The heading states 308gt4 paint sticker location. The Owner's Handbook shows as being in the middle of the boot lid. As it wasn't there or anywhere noticeable, I wasn't too concerned - it must've fallen off. I found it by accident after 10 1/2 years of ownership (5 months ago) next to the licence plate lights under red paint. Cleaned off, stamped into the aluminium decal was 106 E 8 - (Ferro Grigio or Gunmetal) - so it wasn't red/tan - & the ceiling is beige. In the 'box of bits' that came with the car is a speedo with 58,xxx miles - the one IN the car showed around 6,138 miles. Also, a steering column shroud for chassis # 12618, which has to be the donor car when painted 'resale red'. Looks like it needs a bit more red. Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Before Glidden bought Salchi.

10. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Note, these are the correct stickers for the early GT4 and hard to come by someone made a replica a while back..... Not sure when the company changed hands?