1985 Mondial QV wiring diagram? | FerrariChat

1985 Mondial QV wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Feb 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Looks like the site that used to have it is down :(

Anyone have the 1985 QV Wiring Diagram? I got the car and looks like I have a bunch of issues. So time to start fixing things...

Thanks!

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Which bit do you need ?

3. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Albert,

It may be worth mentioning the specific issues that you're having. There's quite a brain trust here that could help you trouble shoot them and point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

2cam

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have got the diagrams but never been called a brain trust before

5. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I've seen your posts and would definitely consider you a brain trust when it comes to Mondials. At a minimum, you exude confidence in your answers and posts. ;)

Thanks for your contributions!

2cam

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Yes but after 20 mondial years i pt ex it for a 430. No sooner had i got rid of it and the prices went nuts, mine only had 26000 miles and mint body work. Someone got a bargain.
    The 430 scares the crap out of me, but ordered a capristo non valve back box and pipes so i can hear myself being scared out of my wits, bet my neibour will be happy hearing it warm up.
    I used to be a ships engineer so mechanical background on diesels engines up to 900 mm pistons, also steam turbines. Have a look for S S Stena Queen, one of my old work places.

ronfrohock likes this.
  7. cliffordalbert

Nov 24, 2015
    Have a 1985 ferrari qv. Purchased it from a dealer over the internet.Had been on ebay originally, didn't sell and so I contacted the dealer in Sault st.Marie, Ontario.I was 'guaranteed that the car would pass inspection'.(Jiffy Car Sales).Received the car with no keys, doors unlocked during transport, ignition lock had casing broken and lock fallen out probably attempted theft?.2 kill switches for ignition.one inder the dash and another under front hood directly to fuel pump.pics below.Ordered a new fiat ignition lock and connected it.seemed to be the right connections.new battery.car starts and as soon as I release key car stops.tried running bypass directly from battery to fuel pump same thing happens.there is Clifford alarm on the dash.I know that the electric is screwed up somewhere.not sure if perhaps the wires in the ignition lock are badly connected or if the clifford alarm has another kill under the dash. Also have to connect te battery directly to the a brown wire under the fusebox to get the fuel pump running to start the car (even for the seconds until I release the key...any ideas would be appreciated.
    Suing the dealer for all this BS as they say it was 'during transport' which is simply not believable.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Hi;, Cliff, no panic..all this can all be resolved ! Here you have the internal diagram for the fuseboard. (its in mirror view and split in 2 for more clearness).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    For more specific pages just have to ask what page.
    Guido

9. cliffordalbert

Nov 24, 2015
    Thanks for your help!the wiring in the car is a mess.2 kill switches.non functioning clifford alarm that has to be pulled out.I put the multimeter on the fuel pump after reconnecting the original + (which had been removed and replaced with a switch under the hood directly from battery under the car) and no voltage noted with the key on.I know that this is all a wiring issue.

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    #11 mike32, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    According to my european wiring diagrams for the 3.2 you should have 2 red, 1 white, 1 yellow stripped black wires at the ignition switch connector. Only 3 of those 4 wires connect to the switch 1x red, 1 x white, 1 x yellow stripped black.
    The white is the 12 volt signal to energise the starter motor solenoid
    The yellow stripped black is the feed to the alternator warning system.
    The red is the live feed to the ignition switch.
    Wires 86+87 on the fuel pump relay should have 12 volts with ignition on

11. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    [​IMG]

Make shure you put the relais like this picture and following numbers :
    Purple relais ending with 001,
    brown relais ending 113
    K relais is a special one with double circuit.

The OEM wiring diagrams have some errors there.

12. cliffordalbert

Nov 24, 2015
    Thanks for the help.having trouble understanding the wiring diagram...

13. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Which diagram are you looking at, as i have the wiring one for the ignition switch

14. cliffordalbert

Nov 24, 2015
    The above wiring diagram for the fusebox...little lost in it...

15. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Send me an e mail address and will send u the ignition system, the fuse box is not detailed enough

16. theunissenguido

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Its the backside of a fuseboard, and split in 2 for more visibility....

17. cliffordalbert

Nov 24, 2015
  18. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Diagram sent, let me know u got it.