Key Fob for F355 | FerrariChat

Key Fob for F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by dodger2233, Dec 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dodger2233

dodger2233 Rookie

Nov 13, 2013
    Cleveland, TN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm new to Ferrari Chat, and have just bought a 99 F355 Spider F1. I only have one key and one fob. I realize that should that fob stop working, I am in a world of hurt. Does anyone have suggestions on where I should get a new fob and how much money it should cost, programming included? Also, can most "fixers" program the new fob and key, or am I going to have to take it to a dealer? Thanks in advance.

2. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    If you have the pin code you can get a new set of three fobs at a Ferrari dealer for about $500-$600. If you don't have the pin you can have the fob cloned. There's an Fchat member who will clone your fob. He sells the fobs on eBay.

Ferrari Remote Fob Including Programming to Match Your Car 348 355 360 | eBay

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I was in the exact same position and I bought the PIN for $350, the 3 FOB's for $610 and a key for $325. But, Ferrari won't guarantee the PIN since the ECU may have been changed.

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I've got a hollow red fob if anyone wants it.

Feel free to PM me your address if you need it.

I'll never need it, as I've only owned 95s.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    As noted Gobble can clone fobs for you and any good locksmith can do a ten buck blank

I think it's called an ft46 -also available at Ricambi

Original keys are all but unobtainable

More details on both these answers are regularly posted on this website on which you will almost certainly find answers to any other query too so it's always worth a 'search'

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Original keys, cut by the factory are very obtainable but they cost $325.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Luke, PM sent.

8. dodger2233

dodger2233 Rookie

Nov 13, 2013
    Cleveland, TN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks to all for the answers. Next question...... when you say "if I have the PIN code", do you mean do I have a working fob with a PIN code, or do you mean do I have an actual PIN code series of numbers that I will have to furnish. If you mean the latter, where would I get that? Thanks.

9. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The PIN is a 4 digit code and it can be used with the key to disable the immobilizer and start the car. See the owners or workshop manual.

If you don't have the PIN, you can contact a dealer to retrieve it from Ferrari at a cost and several months time with no promise it will be correct since the ECU may have been changed at some point.

11. Harrydino

Harrydino Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I've got the same problem only got two keys and one fob. To make it more difficult my car also has a Clifford alarm. What should I do?

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    I have cloned fobs in the past, PM me if you are interested.

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Harry - if you are saying its an early (2.7 ?) car without the Bosch fob then try to lose the Clifford and get a modern alarm - if its also got a Bosch eric355 can clone from France

14. Harrydino

Harrydino Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    It's a 97 car so 5.2 system.

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Just a reminder here that US & Euro Bosch fobs are different

16. ssnowball

ssnowball Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2013
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Scot
    I was in the same situation, Mark (gobble) cloned a fob for me and I ordered a key off ebay and had it cut, both work well. The key was pricey, but looks fantastic.

17. ssnowball

ssnowball Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2013
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Scot
    #17 ssnowball, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a photo, I saw both red and black on ebay and ended up opting for the black - good quality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    So, what does one do if they have no fobs but they have the PIN to the old (lost) fob?

ketel

19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    As I told you prior, the PIN is key, it's the code to the ECU. You can get new FOB's and use the document Terry created to program them.

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    So the car is permanently immobilised and unmoveable ?

21. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    So, if I understand correctly, I would still need to order new FOBs from the dealer for $700 or so, yes? I cannot simply get a fob on eBay for $200 or so. Correct?

ketel

22. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Yes, this has been something of a nightmare. The car has been immobilized and unmoveable since late Oct. Ferrari NA would not proceed with making me a new key without a copy of the title from my leasing company and a cover letter from them authorizing me as the bona fide lessee. That took 2 months to get. It arrived via fax Monday and I forwarded those docs immediately to FoSF to get the key ordered.

FoSF keeps telling me they are "on it" and will get back to me the next day, but they are VERY slow to do anything. I am having the be a very squeaky wheel to get anything done.

I still have to order the FOBs, get the car to an independent shop on a trailer, get the shop to open the car with the new key, reprogram the FOBs, and hope that there is no other expense given the car has been sitting for almost 3 months. Of course, I will need a new battery now.

ketel

23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #23 tazandjan, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ketel- You can get a spare fob, heve Gobble or Eric clone it, and rotate fobs daily to prevent the rolling code sequence from getting to far out of synch. Or you are lucky and have your PIN and can go to Ferrari and get a new matched set of three fobs with a new PIN for your F355's VIN, ~$800. If you read through this document I wrote, which seems to get posted about twice a week, it will explain all the details to you.

I probably need to add a section on owner options for missing fobs, PIN etc, but they are all buried in the document. FAQs or some such.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Marg3latu33

Marg3latu33 Rookie

Aug 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    George Avram
    how can i get in contact with you?

25. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    This is an old thread, George. Contact Eric (Gobble on this board) for cloning.

Barry