Tool kit/ jack kit- what am I missing? | FerrariChat

Tool kit/ jack kit- what am I missing?

Discussion in '308/328' started by 48969, Aug 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    Hello- Long time owner, new member and first time poster. Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but several of you are much more knowledgeable than I am, so I would appreciate your wisdom.

I know there are a lot of threads on the subject, but I have an extra tool kit and jack kit in the garage and want to know how close to complete they are. I think the jack kit is pretty close to complete, but missing the reflector and a few belts. The tool kit is missing three screw drivers and the spark plug removal tool.

Also, what’s the best way to clean off the corrosion? The tools should clean up well. Unfortunately the snaps in the pouches may be a lost cause.

I also have a owner’s manual, warranty, and leather pouch, but I’m not sure what all should be there.

Final question, if I were going to sell, what are reasonable prices? eBay has several items that appear incomplete or mismatched for big $, but I’m not sure they ever sell.

Thanks,

Mike

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. jsumnertx

jsumnertx Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Austin
    If you sell them, let me know. My car didn’t come with any of the 3

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Before being able to say anything useful, please tell us the brand embossed on the handle of the wrenches? "Everest - Made in India"?
    What you have here would be correct for a carbed car, but the leather pouch is not "period correct", it comes from a 328...

Rgds

4. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    Thanks.

All the wrenches are Polytools, except the smallest one, which is a craftsman that was stuck in the pouch. The 14mm has a box end.

View attachment 2994827 View attachment 2994828

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Interesting! it means therefore that your tool roll comes from a car which was produced probably at the point of change between late carbed cars and early injected cars.
    - The screwdriver with amber handle, and the carbs adjustment tool are typical of carbed cars tool rolls (not surprising: carbs adjustment tool is for carbed cars...)
    but:
    - Polytools wrenches are more typical of the early injected cars: carbed cars had usually "Everest - Made in India" wrenches.
    - the 14mm combination wrench (one "box" end, one "open mouth" end): the box end, or eyelet, goes onto the hexagonal end of a spark plug wrench, which is absent here; the carbed cars usually had a "Tommy Bar" type spark plug wrench, for which no combination wrench was needed, as it has its own handle. If you want to have it completed for a carbed car, go for a "Tommy Bar" spark plug tool; if you want to match a two-valve injected, the later moedl of spark pliug tool, without a handle, designed for being adapted on the 14 mm combination wrench would be more typical.
    Reassorting the screwdrivers, that is: finding the correct missing three, might be the biggest challenge...

The yellow jack is correct for carbed cars / and two valve injected cars, not for four valve injected and 328ds which have black jacks.

As said above, the leather pouch comes from a 328.

Hope this helps. And I do hope "Big Tex" will chime in...

Rgds

6. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    Thanks for the input. The set came from a 79, but may not have been original to the car.

I have an 84, with an almost complete tool set (I may be missing a wrench) and jack kit. I like the yellow jack better than the black one, but will keep the tools that came with my car together.

Mike

7. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    I’ll definitely let you know once I decide what to do.

jsumnertx likes this.