Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 51 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

HAHA Good question!

If not Ferrari, do you own other first tier sports cars with an ICE? I can understand the appeal of a high performance EV (even though they are not my thing), however, I cannot understand a true performance car enthusiast not owning at least one gas powered high-performance sports car.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not sure what you're implying with options but an options contract is adjusted for a split too and "made whole" just like regular shares. As far as splits in general it's not uncommon to see a price run-up. Mine went up quite a bit in 1999 with Qualcomm after they announced a 4:1 and then in 2000 went down quite a bit unfortunately and kept going that direction until I gave up. I don't think it's certain a huge drop has to occur after a split.

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Not talking about the adjustment or the carry dues. We’ll find out next week!

4. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA

I've only owned Ferrari's when it comes to exotics. My only current car is my Model S. ANYTHING with an ICE in it bores me. It's like the difference between a Blackberry and a smart phone. I've never really been a sentimental person. My future garage will be a Cybertruck and a Roadster with SpaceX package.

Dom likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Holy poop, 11x call.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I think the meme stocktraders (RHers) are going to try to get it to close at $2,100 before the 5-1 split so the new price is $420 since they are so obsessed with that number and Elon.

JERRYZ and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    jerryz hit it outta the park with this one.
    well done man !

paulchua, JERRYZ and Gh21631 like this.
  9. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  10. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    That's just from the date of my post. I had been buying the stock since November 2012 at $31 and up from there.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm very happy for you @JERRYZ well done friend.

JERRYZ likes this.
  12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Somehow this stock keeps going up...

13. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    and I have been shaking my head for a couple years now

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It had the correction I was anticipating at the start of the week, then just came roaring back up...that last part was an Easter egg, and I happily accept.

15. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #1265 straightpipe, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Wonderful, I watched it at 200, everyone bu-pooed it and I didn't buy. When I saw the space shot I said that's it, I'm going to buy some. Couple of weeks before the split announcement, I finally spent the cash and got in just in time. Now let's see how the ride goes. Started with apple at the last split. Yea.

JERRYZ likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Becoming too risky for me. Fundamentally the market is now too hot...how much hotter can it , will it get?

17. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Depends, a lot of the Feds $6.5 TRILLION found its way into the stock market. I really think that’s the only reason for such exuberance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  18. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Risky it is, that's why I have a safe low key managed account and one I manage. I've taken the calculated risk and rewards for a long time and it's paid off. The market would have to be almost wiped out to affect this old guy still running in second gear. I think DreamCarrera made a smart move long term. Best case is that Ferrari is only going to depreciate and good chance he can buy another using part of his gains. Tesla has a bright future in many ways. This Country was built on risk but I realize it's not for everyone.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    If you adjust for monetary-inflation (# of $ printed), the total US stock market is still below pre-covid peak. Still has another 11% up to go to get to pre-COVID...I'm not saying pre-COVID was correct pricing. Still way below the dot-com bubble based on dollars printed.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

From a technology perspective TSLA is going
    To have to react real quick. Mercedes is farsuperior to Tesla now. I mean it has a gazilion screens, the best navigation system with the umbx ever, u change the mirror by looking at them,it has the same level of autonomous driving with level 3 coming up. The Tesla tech inside is now outdated compared to this big time. Curious what is in the works at Tesla because getting longer range battery is nice but for a tech company the tech has now to improve.

Ps: I
    Mute Shmee most of the time can’t hear him or watch him too long;)

21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    That thing is hideous inside and out. With screens scabbed on everywhere and the pillows on the head rests its so busy and garish. Even the graphics on its dashboard are awful. Looks to me like they have a ton of gimmicks that must folks will never use, not a tech lead. I don't see that nav as being better either, looks like they tried to make it flashy rather than practical. I just want a nice clean map view where I can see what information I need at a quick glance.

I think the current E63 has a far better looking interior and its interface with the dial will be way easier to use than the touchscreen/handwaving/voice nonsense.

Compared with Tesla, the S is now 8 years old and in dire need of a refresh. Sales are way down on it and it's not clear for now if Tesla is just abandoning that market or if they will refresh it (perhaps at the upcoming battery day). The only really relevant comparison at this point between MB and Tesla would be the self driving tech, will be interesting to see a direct comparison between them.

JERRYZ and Igor Ound like this.
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    TSLA was in free fall this morning, so BA stepped in raised price target from 350 to 550. Bull ****! They never would have done that except they needed to stop the bleeding.

paulchua likes this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Fed Creation to 2007 - 1 Trillion in IOUs on IOUs.
    2008-2020 - another 6T...of IOUs on IOUs....

strange times indeed.

ChipG likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Did u check the tech? I’m sorry but this is far far far more advanced.
    What are u saying
    The s is 8 years old? It’s the brand news 2021

25. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    The Tesla Model S is 8 years old. It's been updated over the years but the base design was done in 2012.