812 VS Rumors | Page 101 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    I agree

2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    In line with what ppg70 said a while ago: "So at Misano we will see the new SF90 Spider.....for 812VS need to wait a little bit more".

456-boy likes this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I do. 5 Ferrari cars purchased new including one limited series. I also know that there were way too many exceptions to this rule in some markets.
    In my country it was applied pretty consistently

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    For my knowledge, 5 new including at least 3 v12s. First there were lists of people who wanted one. 3 were selected and approved by Ferrari all of whom met the requirement. Then there were more than 6 people who were optimistic for dealer assured them they will get one based on past during which time whenever dealer put strong recomendation factory usualy approves. But that time suddenly Ferrari steped in and looked at past history of each client and said no to all of them.
    My guess is allocation wise factory hinted dealer of 10 some cars.

From tdf on, dealer lost some of their power and factory now look into all the list of recomendation outside of Top and Vip. At least for my country. My bet is factory finally uses computerized list and program and ditched paper and pencil lol.

5. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Alright, thank you very much for your response. Was there a time frame when these 5 cars had to be purchased or just 5 cars in general regardless of time?

Did the limited series have to be a V12 like a 599GTO or could it be a Scuderia or so?

6. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    thx!

F140C likes this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #2507 wrs, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    I am not sure this is true. I bought my Cali T HS so I could order a 488 Spider and I liked it so much that I waited a year to place the order but I got the gift and all the things that the person who placed the order would get. The Cali T HS was an order someone didn't follow through on. I did spec the 488 Spider but didn't pay a deposit and instead bought one with 105 miles from another dealer 6 months after it was delivered. The first owner there never drove the car except to put it in his garage and then drive it back for sale at the dealer after his 6 month lockup period expired. I didn't get the gift or any of that. In that case I didn't get first owner credit even though I drove the car from 105 miles on it.

Our Portofino was a dealer spec that was untitled as was my Cali T HS and we got the gifts and credit as first owner. I asked the sales rep on both the Cali T HS and Portofino if we would be counted as first owner by the factory and he said yes both times. I think when you take a car that someone else didn't follow through on, you get whatever credit they would have because they get their deposit back upon your purchase.

The 812 was the first car I spec'd and waited on. It came surprisingly quick. I have all the gifts now including the model.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry but to be blunt. No you haven't.

Your dealer may have made some promises but that won't matter until Ferrari factory approves and that process hasn't started.

9. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Technically true, not the point of my post though.

10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Lol - thanks .... was so pleased when I got the TDF allocation but really really hoping I get the 812 vs one even more !

Caeruleus11, Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Uh, what was the point of your post then? How do you know you are guaranteed an allocation? The car is not in the MODIS, Ferrari will more than likely choose the clients, and we know nothing about whether it will be LE or low volume. Again I ask you, what exactly is it that make you so sure of an allocation that you categorically can say that you get one?

KenU and dcmetro like this.
  12. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Top tier maybe?

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Top Tier changes. I've heard it is fluid so one day in, next day out - or visa versa. Either way at this point nothing is guaranteed.

We went through this with the Pista Spider where people came on here bragging they got their factory allocation long before the car was entered into Modis. When asked to prove it, of course none could. Turned out it was just dealer promises.

Il Co-Pilota and Dubaicity like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What is your ownership history?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I bought pretty much every new car since f430.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    This is why I made up my mind to retire from the game. I know one who barely bought 3-4 cars and hold it and suddenly he became Top and allocated pista abd pista spider. In the mean time, I was forced to drop pista and get pista spider and my status stayed same as vip the whole time. I dont trust the category selection process anymore and I am in mid 40 in case you wonder.

Oh by the way he is not Top anymore. He was moved out of Top in 1 month.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Apologies. My question was not targeted at you. Just saw a response to my question and missed the username.

I would still like to see a reply from @XSQF

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think there is something to be said about not having to jump through flaming hoops to get the very best cars. I tried and failed to secure a Pista allocation (at least one that was unencumbered by either a Lusso or Portofino purchase). I have a very small Ferrari history (a preowned F12, a new 812, and a single Corsa Pilota) and so I understood from the onset that my opportunity would be near zero for limited cars. Meanwhile, I had no problem securing an allocation for a Performante, and more recently, I was able to secure a 765LT allocation as well. I had no ownership history in either brand before my new allocations. I understand that speaks directly to relative demand for the respective marquees, but it doesn’t make the inability to secure the best versions of Ferrari any more agreeable.

This might sound like sour grapes on my part. It isn’t. I love my 812. I love the Ferrari brand. More than anything, I’m a capitalist, and I understand you have to pay to play. I also understand that every business needs to understand who butters their bread. I’m just a little twig on the mighty Ferrari river...rolling with the flow. So no soup for me. I can understand it. I can make sense if it. I don’t enjoy it.

j09333, ScrappyB, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  19. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Limited series means limited by number. The Scuderia, Speciale, Pista etc are not limited series.
    Only 599 GTO, 458 Speciale Aperta plus the hypercars counted

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds and 456-boy like this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    There is a school of thought that says a person will not value a thing if they do not pay for it and there is a school of thought that says the best things in life are free. Ferrari is simply providing something of value to the to those who follow the school of the former. To those that follow the latter school, Ferrari's are obviously not going to be on their list. I am of the school of thought that believes nothing in life is free including life itself.

sampelligrino and Avia11 like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    One thing to keep in mind. The Pista was dealer allocated, not factory allocations. I know more than one who got a Pista Spider as their second Ferrari ever.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Don t regret anything, there s not much good to come .
    One more for us, and just a little more for the millionaire.

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't I know it. I was treated to a nice meal a few hours ago, and I will pay the price in the gym tomorrow. Nothing is free - not even free food...

sampelligrino, wrs and of2worlds like this.
  24. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    We still don't know what comes after the "one more" ...;)

25. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Don’t forget the TDF also a Limited Series.