Ricambi no longer showing parts diagrams | FerrariChat

Ricambi no longer showing parts diagrams

Discussion in '308/328' started by Cuddy K, Sep 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    Hi Guys,

I was trying to look something up and got the "information no longer available" page. Chatted with Ricambi and was told they were no longer able to display those exploded diagrams. Oy.

2. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Well, that sucks. Does anyone have other locations to go find those diagrams? I find them extremely useful.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I was told it's apparently a copyright thing. Ferrari says cease and desist. For now T Rutlans, Algar Ferrari, Maranello Classics and All Ferrari Parts still have the diagrams.

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Johnk,

You can add EuroSpares to the list, as their site still displays online parts diagrams.

Cheers,

Sam

5. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Here ya go. The Euro QV seems to be too large to post.

Attached Files:

308 GTS QV likes this.
  6. Cuddy K

Cuddy K Karting

Oct 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ian Karr
    Thanks! those diagrams are actually better than the ones onliine.

7. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Sad that they view it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    are there more available for older 38 models? Mine is a US '77 308 GTB.

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  10. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you John.

11. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    It is, indeed!! :( Ricambi has been my source of parts since I purchased my '89 328 in '08 and the parts diagrams made it quite easy. In reviewing the site this morning, it is much more difficult to find things. I have the parts diagrams (somewhere) for my 328 but the Ricambi listing made it easy to order without having to look through a different set of documents.

Sad that Ferrari would be concerned about the copyright - can't imagine that they (Ferrari) sell many parts for 3x8's or that there is a big demand for the parts diagrams, causing them to lose money if "unauthorized" copies are available. Oh well, liking a car doesn't mean I have to like the company that made it! ;)

12. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    I guess thats what you get when you hire a ‘hunter-killer’ IP legal team that you pay by the hour. Music industry is another classic example hiring teams of lawyers to play wack a mole on YouTube and other platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Saabguy likes this.
  13. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #13 kcabpilot, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Do you think it has anything to do with Ricambi sponsoring those idiots on YouTube a while back? That was a clown show.

Here's the link:

Ricambi gave them all the parts to do a DIY major on a 348 and they ended up bending a bunch of valves. It's a real face-palmer that didn't exactly garner any respect for them.

14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I doubt that was the cause. This [strong arm tactic from Ferrari] actually happened once before a few years ago and after a few days they ended up licensing it to Ricambi but it seems like this time they are adopting a take no prisoner approach.

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It's not just Ricambi. Here is a quote for Daniel form his post in the 355 section.

16. Ehamilton

Ehamilton Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2010
    Durham, NC; USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Hamilton
    If there is any parts diagram that you really want to keep around for reference, you might want to capture a copy from one of the websites that still has it up.

17. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    The link did not work for me.

18. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    OK. This link worked, and it was great. I searched around the site for a similar download for a Mondial, but could not find one.

Do you know whether they have a PDF download for the Mondial?

19. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    The parts diagrams used to be around as big pdf files that could be downloaded from various places ( same as the WSMs). I have the files for the 328 and a couple of other WSMs.

Failing that I suspect the diagrams will always be accessible at www.ferrariparts.co.uk

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

20. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    There is supposedly some 'Bad Blood' there, so ....

21. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Not sure what you mean, that link is Maranello Classic parts in the UK - they are the official Global distributor as I understand it (owned by the Penske Group according to the Plaque in their hallway!). I buy pretty much everything I need from them (but then they are only 4 or 5 miles away :) )

22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I'm guessing No, but I also never understood why Ricambi sponsored that guy. Contrary to popular notion, there is such a thing as bad publicity.

23. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Please also check with www.allferrariparts.com I am working for them now and they have a lot of vintage parts plus regular maintenance stuff.

24. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I checked out the site and IMO the shopping cart pages to buy parts is kinda weak! I wasn't able to view the part I wanted, like Ricambi's did!

25. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Well...while I bemoan the loss of the Ferrari parts diagram on the Ricambi site, I would not switch to a different supplier just because the other supplier has a parts diagram. ;) The service/quality is the only thing that really matters and Ricambi been superb in the 11 years I have been using them.

I'm NOT saying that other sites may not be good as well, just that I wouldn't switch because of the presence/absence of a parts diagram.

MotoX and thorn like this.