Anyone know this 2017 California T? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 2017 California T?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Sep 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I like the spec, except not a fan of black interiors.

miles at 10k and price $150k? Isn't that about $25k off the mark?

3. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    High or low?

4. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Great car, has all of my must have options plus the HS package which gives it a little aura of exclusivity and a better exhaust note.. The stripes are a bit polarizing, I'm not a fan.

5. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Talked to the dealer and the strip is a wrap. Going to remove it if I move on this car. Not a fan of it either.

tomc likes this.
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think too high, you have to know that range of late model Ferraris dealers "ask the moon", but if you research into what they are offering owners for trade or wholesale, then you can really judge the price.

Anyone have recent data what dealers have offered you for 2017/8 Cali T's?

7. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    When I look at other cars offered as Ferrari Approved, I only see two other cars that or 2017 that are less than this one. Neither of them have the handling package. Wish there was a good way to see what prices were for these kinds of cars.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hopefully users will share shortly what numbers they are seeing for trade or wholesale.

FYI in 2018 our 6 month old 2017 Cali T with 1,500 miles had wholesale offers about $150-165k when similar cars were being listed for sale dealers $220k.

Texas Forever and russellmcg like this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree with TC, I'm not feeling the stripe. Removing it is a good call.
    The HS - on the other hand - major plus IMO. Ditto for CF drive zone + LEDs.

I would also make sure to see Argento Nurburgring in person before you decide, if you have not.
    To my eye, AN is lighter than it appears in those pics, which looks closer to Grigio Titanio.

T

russellmcg likes this.
  10. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    It seems a little light on options, although the options it does have are very good options -- HS, carbon, Carplay. But it's nice to have Daytona or backbone seats, to me, full power seats (with heat) are a necessity in a convertible up in the northeast, really extends the driving season, I had mine out on a 40 degree day, top down, heat and heated seats on, it was great, also nice to have some extra leather -- headliners, tunnel, etc. The high power stereo is good, too. Biggest drawback to me would be the black interior, to me, it's gotta be tan -- couio, iroko, or cioccolato if it's a light color exterior, preferably with black piping and contrast stitching. God knows, it's tempting to pounce on the first car you see, but sometimes you want to just wait for one that's equipped a little closer to your ideal.

Price doesn't seem high to me, for a Ferrari dealer, especially with the warranty if they are throwing that in. It has a few miles, but as someone who drives the car a lot, that's a good thing in my mind.

tomc likes this.
  11. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yep. For me, the heated seats are not a big deal. I live in Texas and the last thing I need is more heat! :-D

I am also not super concerned about the color. As I did on my last one, I am going to wrap this one. I am a big fan of wrapping my cars and making them just a bit different from others. I am planning on doing this one in satin chrome red. ()

I will get the warranty on it once the factory one goes out in July of 2021. Means I will have a warranty till 2023 which for me is a must-have.

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    My 2015 Cali T is very highly optioned (MSRP was almost $300k) and I paid $138k for it with ~15k miles, CPO, and 2 year warranty. I happened to buy it at Ferrari of Denver. I was very pleased.

russellmcg likes this.
  13. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    russellmcg likes this.
  14. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Car is sold- was it you?

15. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yep, ended up pulling the trigger on it a week or so back. I had it delivered this past weekend and loved it!

I was not sure I would enjoy the handling package, but so far, I really do. Makes the car feel just a bit more responsive. Also, going from a 2011 California to this one (2017) is a million times different. Just the extra HP on this thing is worth it! Just wish it had the old exhaust sound to it.

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    great car! perfect choice

russellmcg likes this.
  17. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Thanks! It had every option on it that I wanted outside of carbon center console & Homelink, which are both things I can live without.

18. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Great, I just found your post announcing the arrival. I got my carbon fiber center console bridge from MAcarbon and the dash plaque and radio surround from exotic recycling on Ebay. Three hours labor at the dealership to install all three and worth every penny to me, really completes the car with the CF driver zone.

19. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I have seen the bridge on MAcarbon but not sure it's worth it to me for the 2k. Was actually thinking about have it just wrapped black and see how that looks. I have never seen the Ebay store you mentioned but taking a look now to see what they have.

20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Upgrade, McG. Oops, I mean Mr Big! :D
    Am glad TC responded, because I could not recall who had posted on the CF center console upgrade...T

russellmcg likes this.