Ferrari of San Antonio sold me a damaged CPO car, lied to me, refuses to make it right. | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Ferrari of San Antonio sold me a damaged CPO car, lied to me, refuses to make it right.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dgoldenz94, Sep 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    My gosh that car was a turd. Glad you are only out a couple grand. The condition of the car speaks volumes of the dealership: Even a Chevrolet franchise dealer would never sell a CPO car that had these types of defects. If I was Ferrari I would slap the dealer’s nuts on this and threaten to pull the franchise. Disgraceful.

2. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    #277 INRange, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020

I blame the [*** P&R deleted ***] virus.....people have way too much time on their hands if they think this thread is worthy of attention.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    time to unsubscribe from this thread....

4. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    this thread is almost as bad as the Enzo magazine thread, lol

5. vinody545

vinody545 Rookie

Oct 17, 2019
    I bought a 599 from them 4 months ago.
    They said they will do 2 yr CPO when i bought the car.
    A month later they came up with an explanation that Ferrari only agreed to do 1 yr since car is already 12.5 yr old. They knew it all along but never disclosed me.
    They refunded $1700 though.
    I had to let it go because the car was in exceptionally new condition mechanically and cosmetically.
    Never thought a dealer would behave this way.

I will go to Dallas next time.
    Always make an agreement on paper no matter how small it is. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ScottS and Texas Forever like this.
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This thread reminds me of this song...

jag-oo-r likes this.
  7. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Haha, right? :SMH:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I don't think it has anything to do with $1500, or even a single car. This is about ethics (or lack thereof) at a franchise Ferrari dealership. That's a big deal.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I lived that song when I went to school in Boston in the late 1960's. Although as I recall the cost to exit the train above ground had already gone up to 10 cents. I guess George O'Brien didn't get elected! :D

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I have had this happen on a long-distance car purchase. Agreed to terms on the phone to purchase a CPO BMW 5-Series that was 5 hours away. When we went to pick it up, it was clearly someone’s beater.

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jesus said , let it go man.

ShineKen, anunakki, IloveGT and 4 others like this.
  12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    And nobody fxxks with the Jesus!

SV

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Political characterizations, even if an incidental reference, not appropriate in discussion forums. 30-day thread ban.

armedferret, obbob, rennspeed and 3 others like this.
  14. WIKKID

WIKKID Rookie

Sep 28, 2020
    Goodyear AZ
    Brutal, don’t ever trust a dealer. I would of had someone put eyes on it, for 100k I would of bought a plane ticket and checked it myself, I’ve trusted these *******s before, it’s just a UNIT to them

Ray Smith and IloveGT like this.
  15. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Didn't read this thread minus the opening post, but this experience should remind every one of two things when purchasing a used car from any brand or dealership:
    1. CPO really doesn't mean much
    2. Never buy a used car sight unseen. At the very least do a PPI. Sellers can do all sorts of tricks if they have a chance to doctor the information provided to you. Crack on the ceramic rotor? No problem, align the wheel spokes so it gets covered when taking the photos. Scratches in the leather? Just turn up the exposure so it gets washed out.

anunakki and IloveGT like this.
  16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I dunno.

I bought a CPO car from Algar several years ago and they did about $4K worth of warranty repairs on the car in the 1st 90 days. After that, didn't have any issues, but some brake and suspension work added up pretty quickly. Doesn't take a lot to ring up a healthy bill at $190/hr for labor.

as to your 2nd point, 100% yes.

17. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #293 Jack-the-lad, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    100%, and there’s more of it in the next ten pages after your post. They seem to equate a lack of due diligence on the part of the buyer, with lying and borderline fraud on the part of the seller, an authorized Ferrari dealership. Anybody know who the dealership owner is?

I’m glad David mentioned the dealer by name. Over the years multiple guys with complaints about sellers, dealers, shops, parts suppliers, when asked to tell us who the **** they’re talking about give us, “gee, I’m not really comfortable doing that.”:rolleyes:

18. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I was considering buying this car, so I did a search for the VIN and found this thread.

THANK YOU.

19. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    ^^^ just did the same as I’ll be in SATX this week. So glad you documented this, and not just for this car but the overall audacity and lack of professionalism by the dealer. Same owner also owns Ferrari of Austin btw.

20. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ferrari of austin is awesome by the way

21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Show me a US Ferrari dealership that has a better collection of Ferrari Certified Master Mechanics than FoSA's crew.

I'll wait.

Jim, Ajay and associates are pretty near impossible to beat.

Glad I have them so close.

22. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Maybe they are great at working on the cars but they must be blind as bats to have certified this one. Either that or they just don’t care, which appears to be the case seeing as it’s still for sale as CPO and they haven’t fixed any of the cosmetic damage.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  23. TheStrategist

TheStrategist Rookie

Jul 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Car is for sale again by a YouTuber. Glad I did my research.

24. jimmy-j

jimmy-j Rookie

Sep 12, 2022
    Illinois
    Came across this thread after seeing the car is for sale by a small dealer / youtuber as well. Priced currently at $110k. Hard to tell if much of the condition was addressed by their pictures. Mileage is up to 71k now