360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Caphill, E60 M5, Aeron Fout and 2 others like this.
  2. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    ScottS and Todd Laing like this.
  3. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Turned out to be a beautiful day! I’m actually getting nervous! I’m mean I’m about to get a Ferrari!! My stomach is churning.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Maine57S1 likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Todd Laing and Maine57S1 like this.
  5. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    @todd... you really crack me up! A lot of guys laugh and make fun of some about driving shoes, but if your driving a manual car where the clutch is close to the brake, you want some narrow shoes!

So....how was the test ride?!

Todd Laing likes this.
  6. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I’m in love! The car is straight up amazing! It’s just enough old school to have tons of character but still comfortable and drivable! Took it up on my favorite mountain road and she drove like a dream. I was amazed how quickly I got comfortable behind the wheel. I was super intimidated at first but it’s very easy to drive! Of course I need a bunch more seat time but I was able to hustle her up the mountain at a “brisk” pace no problem. Also the wife loved it as well always a bonus. There may actually be something to this Ferrari thing.

Also, the exhaust note is amazing. So good.
    And the sound system the guys installed is also very very impressive. Still all soaking in -please forgive the fan boy geek out!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Wow. Great car! Love the look. And the condition is mint.

Love what you’ve done. And the roads and backdrops....you are. Lucky.

Drive it well
    ScottS

Todd Laing likes this.
  8. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks amazing.. Congrats! How did you get the vanity plate before the car even showed up?!

Todd Laing likes this.
  9. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Glad to see it made it to you safely, enjoy it!!

Todd Laing likes this.
  10. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

In Arkansas you can apply for vanity plate anytime as long as they are not already taken. So as soon as I knew it was going to be the Spider. I stared playing with options of what was available. Must not be to many 360 spiders in Arkansas. LOL. So once you title the car you just got to the DMV and swap the plate over to the new car and get a new registration ticket.

Todd

ScottS and Maine57S1 like this.
  11. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Congrats! The car looks gorgeous and love to hear how passionate you are about it, Thats Amore!

Did you sleep in the garage...HA!

Todd Laing likes this.
  12. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    LOL almost. I stayed up way to late. Could not stop going out in the garage and just messing with her.! Walking by her to go to work this morning was like yep there is actually a Ferrari in my garage. You guys understand as car guys its just surreal. I just wish my Dad was alive to see her. He would love to go for a drive over the mountain in the Fall with the top down!

Caphill, Need4Spd and Aeron Fout like this.
  13. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    First question. The right defrost vent is popped up a little on one side. Like its bowed up a little I push it down and it doesn't catch. I ordered a new one. Could it be as simple as popping the old one out and new one in?? It looks like its just held in with tabs.

14. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Your Dad would've love that. Reminds me of a story of my Dad, who was from Italia.
    My brother had an F355 Berlinetta years ago and gave Dad a ride - 150mph on the toll road near Houston!
    Dad said he would never drive with Johnny again!!

Todd Laing likes this.
  15. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

Love that. Great story. When I would drive fast. My Dad would also way "Why you in such a damn hurry?" Funny, now I'm content to just cruise most of the time. I guess we all turn into our Dads eventually! Thank god for them.

ScottS likes this.
  16. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Unfortunately...no. The plastic tabs are broken that affix from underneath the dash.

Dash out job, no way around it.

Also, a memeber here Rizzo308 makes metal versions of the vents as the leather will continue to slowly shrink which will bend and break new plastic ones continuously.

Todd Laing likes this.
  17. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Well heck. I guess I should have asked before ordering.LOL. Its really not that bad and most probably would not notice it. I'm just OCD. I will just hold onto the piece for later down the road. I'm sure dash out is major surgery and its defiantly not worth that at this stage. Thank you for the information!

18. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I think the wheel color looks great. Should make them stand out a little more with the contrast. So, far I really don't mind the starfish wheels. They are easy to clean I really like that. And I didn't notice that the car made a lot of break dust. Which is nice. My last one was awful!

19. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    I like the OEM wheels as well, prolly wouldnt buy them, but wont be shopping for replacements.
    What tires do you have? [we will need tires] What was your last car?

Todd Laing likes this.
  20. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    We put the Bridgestone potenza which I guess came on it stock? The dealership got them for me.
    The last ride was a crazy 850hp Shelby Super Snake Wide Body.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret, Aeron Fout and Apollo 11 like this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats todd - thats an awesome 360 you found. last thing id consider, a silver set of 430 wheel or challenge wheels. just makes the car look refreshed, in my opinion.

Jpav and Todd Laing like this.
  22. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Got my battery tender hooked up this afternoon pretty easy. Love the battery disconnect! Got to drive it a little more this afternoon. Picked my daughter up from school and it really drew a crowd. Loving it more with every mile so far.

23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Congrats, Todd! So glad it arrived and met or exceeded your expectations!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Todd Laing likes this.
  24. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Finally got some “alone” with the car today. Did a deep detailing of the interior. Cleaned everything throughly then cleaned and conditioned all the leather. (tons of it) . Cleaned and conditioned all the trim which was not to dirty. Didn’t get to carpet yet as I’m waiting on new mats. Then cleaned and dressed the engine compartment which wasn’t to bad but need some dressing to make to pop. I’m really impressed at how well the car presents considering it is 16 years old. There are just a couple of OCD things I eventually want to fix but for the most part she is right.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Ruz1

Ruz1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2013
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    David
    Congratulations Todd, I'm glad it all came out as expected or better, you made a lot of decisions sight unseen or unheard, in the case of the exhaust :) cheers to you and the many miles of pleasurable driving.

Todd Laing likes this.