All season tire for the Lusso | Page 2 | FerrariChat

All season tire for the Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Mar 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Didn't know you can specify "latest date stamps." Will have to do that next time.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh and people who tell you that 5 yrs and tires beed to be changed forget to mention that tirerack often sells tires that are 2 yrs+ old

4. F140FG

F140FG Karting

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Ferrari
    I wouldn't recommend using all season tyres on a car like this

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    It's surprising Ferrari didn't designate a set of oem all-season tires on a car that is meant to be their answer to SUV.

6. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    So I changed the Pirelli p zero tires to Michelin Pilot sport 4S and what a difference. The car feels and rides so much better. I am not sure what to do with the set of Pirelli tires with only 1300 miles on them? Would anyone have any use for them? If so PM me.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Put them on ebay or in the FChat cliassifieds.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    great idea. I will do that. Thank you!

Caeruleus11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  9. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Totally agree. It's interesting when you look at this among all manufacturers (Porsche, BMW and Mercedes also do their own specs) there are sometimes significant difference in the tires. You are absolutely right that manufacturers test and adjust the compound and tread for the specific performance and suspension characteristics of their car. For the same size BMW and Mercedes MPSC2 tire, there was almost a 2 lb weight difference. It was actually enough to feel a difference on the car (this was for an M4 GTS that I was tracking), but it didn't exactly ruin the car. Often the cost difference is significant (I think it was almost $200/tire cheaper). On the flip side, I never bother with Porsche N spec tires and on a GT3 (which is sensitive to an extra strand of hair from your wife on the passenger seat:p), I couldn't tell a difference.

One thing I would be careful of is mixing different spec tires on the SAME car. That is, don't put K spec in front and N spec in rear. You can put Porsche N spec's on a Ferrari but then you probably should do for both front and rear. This is because break away characteristics of each tire can differ and give unpredictable handling at the limits or in an emergency, precisely the last thing you want at that moment!

Glad the Michelins worked out for you. I have given up on all other tire brands at this point. Too many disappointments and I can't remember the last time I got a disappointing Micheline tire.

Georgemaser and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    The new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 is out, to replace the A/S 3+. The new "4" now has the rear oem size for this car, whereas "3" has the opposite...not sure of Michelin's logic. I know it can upset a car's balance...but I guess you can put "3+" at the front and "4" at the back.

Darn it, why didn't Michelin put out the "4" a little earlier!? Now I just have to try to wear out my rear tires as soon as possible.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why would you run a hard compound all season tyre on that car? Just stick to summer and winter shoes.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Another vote for the Michelins. Changed them this weekend and the difference is night and day, particularly on rougher surfaces.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree. The Lusso and FF are 650+ HP cars, you need the right tires for the right season. All season tires are fine for your average vehicle, but these cars are not in that category.

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Lusso is really not an answer to an SUV. It is really a fabulous Ferrari GT car. Its very much a Ferrari, you should run proper summer and winter tires in my opinion. (It would be nice to have a 19” front wheel option because the standard ones are all too easily damaged)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Il Co-Pilota and otakki like this.
  15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Indeed, it's a compromise with all season tires. But when I drive cross country when the season changes, like now, it's not unusual when it's 80-90 degrees at my destination while there is a possible blizzard waiting for me back home.:cool: So other than having a pit-stop along the way, all season is the next best option.

Caeruleus11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.