Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 224 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    The race seats definitely provide more support, which pretty much translates to comfort when you can relax in to them and feel held.

Reason I changed to electric comfort at last minute was to further insulate from bumps and potholes on the crappy roads I'll be driving on.

Do you it makes a difference in this regard?

GT2goneF and F2003-GA like this.
  2. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    A lot to do with someone's preference for either race seats or standard comfy ones is to do with body type. I love the race seats on mine but prefer the LWBS on my RS due to softer padding. My outspoken 14 year old daughter loves going for drives in both my Ferrari and Porsche and much prefers the RS's LWBS with electric height control and soft padding. She finds the Ferrari's race seats both too low and lacking in padding.
    I'm about 5'11' with very broad shoulders from working out and narrow hips with little natural padding which accounts for my numb bum after a few hours in the Ferrari's seats.
    Real shame that Ferrari don't include electric height adjustment for both driver and passenger Race seats which would make them so much better for shorter female passengers.
    In complete contrast my 17 year old son who is both slim and 6' 2" loves both types of seats equally.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    To me, I’d do the race seats simply because they’re comfortable enough, look great, and the F8 is already so comfortable via the suspension even with the bumpy mode not selected you’ll barely feel road imperfections.

Ash Patel likes this.
  4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Have you driven the F8? I guess it’s all relative but I have race seats and I find the car rides pretty hard in sport or race mode, and with the bumpy road mode engaged it’s only a marginal improvement. I have MPSC 2’s on the car, have not driven it yet with OEM Pirellis.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    just drove it yesterday. My mid engine reference point is the 458 but as I was driving the F8 I looked down expecting to see the bumpy road button pressed because of how comfortable it felt and it wasn’t activated.

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m gonna swap the OEM wheels with the Pirellis this week just to see the difference in the ride for regular use, with the MPSCs I would not describe the ride as comfortable in any mode..almost 1000 miles on the car already. Like I said, it’s all relative....

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    My favorite statement here... "My OUTSPOKEN 14 year old daughter"... Funny... The thing is that it doesn't get better. It actually gets worse. But in the end, you want them to fend for themselves from anyone, so we end up being the training punching bag and the collateral damage. All for their wellbeing!

I agree with your motion here. Ferrari should make electric racing seats. I think it may be an issue with weight difference, as they market racing seats to be lighter and also profit margin. I can imagine how expensive the racing seats would be if they would make them electric.

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Working it hard. Already broke the 600 mile brake in period, in no time! Congratulations.

9. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    The best seats i've ever experienced in any car are the Carbon race seats in the Ferrari 599HGTE.They are incredibly comfortable as well as supportive with the added benefits of electric adjustment and heating. They are the master class of modern car seat design with no compromises whatsoever..

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I apologize, I just realized I misread the question. @SoCal to az is right. It isn't an F8 option. It is available upon personal request and pending approval from Ferrari; at a very expensive cost.

I thought you were referring to the headrest Tricolore stripe (FLEM) under the Cavallino (EMPH). That is obly available on the racing seats.

I am sorry again.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5587 Shadowfax, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Same. I found myself constantly double checking it wasn't in comfort - to arrest the squirm - only to find it was in sport. What made me keep checking was the squirm and the level of body roll during hard cornering more than the ride being overly compliant. Couldn't believe I was in sport for a car like this. I swear the gtb was firmer in sports with less squirm and roll even though it didn't ride as well overall.

ryalex likes this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Not really. It must be some but a Ferrari is already so much more compliant than, say, a Porsche GT product. I've never felt that the ride is too harsh and I have the race seats on all my cars (except Lusso, which rides well but, given the expectation, it seems about how you would expect compared with something like a an F8, even when the F8 has race seats).

13. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    my impressions about the f8 got even more positive after driving it on the racetrack. very stable and incredible steering.

buddyg, GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  14. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Ash Patel, PTG1 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

IMO best color and stripe combo ive seen. The single strip looks really good. Maybe the trend for the F8's single strip. Well its factory done

Spider68 likes this.
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    'tis a sensitive subject....

17. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I didn't know it was an option, I asked and sales said no factory stripe
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  18. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Could just be a European thing they get things us Americans don’t always get.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm in the UK and would have been happy with a factory stripe, maybe I asked too early on and it became an option afterwards
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not a listed option but an "upon request and upon acceptance". With Ferrari everything is a posible option ans doable as long as it doesn't go against their taste and standards. And... You pay whatever they ask, no questions asked

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #5599 Jcmd, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    This is easy speak for “if the order does not significantly slow down production times “ ie is it worth charging 5-10k for this request. Once they streamline the process, it will be offered as an option. Or get a good guy to vinyl the stripe for 1.4 K ....reversible and design your own..

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I know from my own experience. They will do it as long as it is within their liking but you will pay for it. I had some personal things added to my order. Any process deviating from streamline will cost you more and delay the build. A perfect example is the two tone exterior paint and/or Pista stripe. This probably came up, initially as a private personal option, as you well stated. They found out that people would pay for it, no matter what, so they managed to include it. For them it is much more convenient and lucrative to throw the car into a single color exterior and no added options. Except that the options make up for more than the difference, so they have made it extremely lucrative as well.