430 - No way no how am I selling this car | FerrariChat

430 No way no how am I selling this car

Discussion in '360/430' started by cole328, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    So… As I’m sure most of us do, when boredom sets in our minds start to wander.

I have not had a chance to drive my spider in about three weeks despite my desire, as it’s been raining like crazy down here in South Florida. So, when no one was around, or when I was a little bit bored, I would start to look on YouTube or look through the other forums here with the goal of staring at and thinking about acquiring a 458 spider. Not sure exactly why I, I guess it’s just a normal age of always wanting something you don’t have. Plus, while maybe prone to more problems, that hardtop roof just always sounded appealing to me.

Finally had a break in the weather today, had to take my daughter to my moms, and then went for a nice 45 minute drive with the top down. This car is far from perfect, but it is perfect for me. Relatively bulletproof, 23,000 miles not one issue, and just sounds so amazing. The best part is, it’s paid for, and to step up to The 458 spider would easily be another hundred thousand dollars.

I think at least for the foreseeable future, I am going to enjoy this baby, and stop looking over the fence. I’m trying to add a video, but it will not let me. If anyone knows how let me know

Have a great weekend guys

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. xtLSport

xtLSport Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    C.L.
    way to go... i feel the same sometimes, but we need to remind ourselves that we are very lucky and enjoy what we have.

Eric C, KC360 FL, LeoExotic and 5 others like this.
  3. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I agree the wife and I went for a relaxing fall drive this morning over the mountain. I’m in love with the car but find myself wondering where would I go from here? I tried the paddle shifter stuff and it’s not my cup of tea. I didn’t realize how much I had missed the manual experience. I have no interest in selling the 360 anytime soon but I don’t really desire any of the new model with the paddles so we are kinda stuck! I’m thinking more 328 GTS or ultimately a Testarossa as I want a 12 cylinder before I pass on! But I can’t see parting with the 360 Spider as it’s such a well round enjoyable car! So whatever’s next will have to be an addition to.

armedferret and Need4Spd like this.
  4. DrPaul

DrPaul Karting

Dec 27, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Paul M. Strickler
    Sounds like some good self-reflection, leading to a pragmatic solution and place of contentment.

I bought two F430s, both at insurance auctions, about a year apart. Have been using a fire-damaged car to fix the front-end of a collision-damaged car. After about two years, the project is nearly complete--just in time for winter here in Michigan. Oh well. Can't wait to drive it. It has 8,849 miles on it.

cole328, armedferret and Todd Laing like this.
  5. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
  6. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
  7. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I'm in the same boat. My 2006 Spider has almost 45,000 miles so I need more than $100K to move up to a 458 Spider. I've put a lot into the car including complete interior reupholster, exhaust mods, ECU tune so it's just the way I want it.....hard to let go.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Galaxy

8. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
  9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Yes… I have not driven the 458, but my gut tells me it would just be too smooth and not raw enough for my taste. This 430 really has been bulletproof. The only thing that’s gone wrong at all, it’s finally, the elastic bands on the top are getting loose. Top opens and closes just fine, but when I open it, I need to do the “reach over my head and push the bands back” maneuver. If that’s the worst thing that happens in life, I guess I’m fine. I heard that replacing the band is a total pain in the butt

Todd Laing and armedferret like this.
  10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Not a 430 owner, but a 360 Modena in my garage. I've been through the same thing. I started looking at the 458s as I love the style, but I'm over it now (and BTW I have driven a 458) I can't justify the almost 100K more. I finally had a to say to myslef; What am I doing? What is it that the 458 has that my 360 does not that would justify that hefty chunk of cash?

My 360 like your 430 is in the neighborhood of 20K miles. Three years, 5K miles and not any problems. It's a blast to drive and has all the usable power I need for driving on the street. It's spec-ed almost as perfect as I could have hoped for a used car-- so yes I get you bro. Oh and I too am in Florida, and yes, the rain has been relentless in my area too.
    But that doesn't keep my from visually visiting my 360 in the garage from time to time, just to look at it!

All the best to ya... Ken

11. LeoExotic

LeoExotic Karting

Nov 29, 2003
    Manalapan, NJ
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    armedferret likes this.
  12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have had my F430 for about 4 years now. Every now and again I get the itch to trade it in for a Scud. I was on cargurus.com the other day checking out F430 prices. I was surprised that there we not too many for sale right now, I think 35-40 nationwide (on the site). Also, a little surprised that prices seem to be holding. Averaging out all the listings (F1 models and not manuals), average asking price was ~$105k.

LeoExotic and armedferret like this.
  13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Right on. Great to hear! Where in Fl? I’m in the west palm beach area

14. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Melbourne/Palm Bay.
    Grew up in South Florida. Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale As youngsters we would visit Tom Clark's place; The Steering Wheel. Lots of exotics. I was mesmerized by quite a few of the cars he had there.

cole328 likes this.
  15. Aeron Fout

Aeron Fout Karting

Nov 21, 2019
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    flyadf
    It’s nice to hear there’s another local 360! I’m in Merritt Island with my 01’ Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

KC360 FL and cole328 like this.
  16. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Same boat. I love the F430 too much to ever get rid of it. 458 is a great car that fills many roles, but it is also nearly double the price. For me it makes more sense to have different cars for different roles then have one car to do everything.

Makes cars being stuck in servicing not a big deal and I can split mileage between cars, so more driving without racking up odometer.

100k gets you close to a V12 Vantage, DBS and maybe a Vanquish. Front engined GT V12 and mid engined V8 supercar is a nice compliment. This stable has a DBS manual and an F430, they won't ever be leaving.

Attached Files: