Testarossa Price Trends | Page 208 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed ! Seller didn’t seem too convincing or passionate about the car given his lack of answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V4NG0 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

3. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    #5178 EZORED, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    The seller will live to regret turning down that offer. The would be buyer dodged a bullet! LOL
    I would take the 19,000 mile car in a heart beat!!

Veedub00 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. TONY SOLAZONE

TONY SOLAZONE Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2020
    CA
    Full Name:
    Tony Nguyen
    For $130k is a really good price, a car with questionable history. Car been repainted, seats looks like it been lived out of. Carfax may be clean, but that too is very questionable. For a car of that milage it would have to have a time capsule interior.

Natkingcolebasket69 and EZORED like this.
  5. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    TONY SOLAZONE likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

TONY SOLAZONE likes this.
  7. TONY SOLAZONE

TONY SOLAZONE Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2020
    CA
    Full Name:
    Tony Nguyen
    All 30year old sparingly used car will show wear & tear corrosion which is very easy to clean then repaint effected area with zinc. Mine is getting cleaned as we speak. So long it has not eating away the frames.

8. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    The Mecum TR just sold for $135k !

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was the online $130k bidder :p. Passed at $140k...beautiful car though. With 12% fee that's approaching $160k for a car that needs a major and who knows what else, as it hasn't been driven in nearly a decade. More will come. Another beautiful red one next week at Sotheby's.

11. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

So, throwing it out to our chief prognosticator.......natkingcolebasket69, what are you seeing?;)

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  13. Gary Sandberg

The challenge I am having is to establish a reasonable valuation for insurance purposes as I have no intention to sell.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m not too sure- I know in the US companies Grundy (I believe) send someone to appraise the car. I doubt they are as generous as BAT but never know!

15. Gary Sandberg

I have an appraisal from Nov. 2017 at $152,000 CDN. I have since added in missing items such as tool kit, luggage set, spare tire rim and some other extras (not to mention maintenance items such as new clutch, fluid change, etc.).

I think the better question I should have asked is that if prices are indeed escalating quickly, how do you establish a fair market value?

Again, no intention to ever sell.

16. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #5191 Zeff, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    That’s easy question to answer. Look at the average list/ asking price for a comparable car without worrying about negotiating on price. Let’s say that I know for sure I need 160k all in to buy another tr tomorrow if the car is now gone. I would want an immediate replacement. I will not want to wait and shop around if the market or sold prices are 130k. Too many sellers are asking higher list prices than what is the current sold prices/ market. That’s why I would work off of list prices for insurance purposes. So the question is how much do you need to make that happen without worry. 130k would be to low but 160-165k you could find the right replacement car. Because insurance should be about getting you back to where you were . Don’t under insure as that would be a big mistake.

17. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
  18. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    sorry for my incomplete post above, but to finish the thought the TR being sold on BAT was purchased from a fellow Fchatter via Miller Motor Cars a little over a year ago. Our shop assisted the current owner in prepping the car for Cavallino, where it won a platinum this January. The current owner is looking to sell in order to move onto a 512 TR

19. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    148.5k actual selling price once buyer premium tacked on!

blkdiablo33 and Veedub00 like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Good luck to him! BAT has been pretty hot so maybe he will get a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Good luck with ur search

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I totally see very clean tr especially white will be approaching high 100 s soon

dkyranakis likes this.
  23. fobermueller

fobermueller Rookie

Sep 20, 2012
    milford,nj
    Full Name:
    frederick j obermueller
    Investors or gamblers see many Ferraris as speculation. Much like buying a mining option on the bearing sea you don't know what your getting. Condition doesn't matter as the cars will sit in a garage untill the times right. I've seen them on ebay for 20K with a buy it now of +100k. They never make it to the reserve and the seller pays a fee to relist it.

24. Gary Sandberg

25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004