Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 226 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agree!!!!

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    From a dig the Porsche should be faster and then the F8 will catch and pass it. This video proves that although their 1/4 mile elapsed time seems high. We know that both cars are in the low 10’s.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In the standing 1/4, 992 TTS will beat the F8 everyday. Trap is slightly lower, ET is .2-.3 tenths better. In the half mile, F8 will pull ahead. But not by a huge amount.

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The numbers beg to differ.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    oh lord

6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    #5632 mdrums, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    The numbers of what?

There times are rather slow compared to what Dragtimes and the guy in Arizona have posted of the F8 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

With sticky R888R on the rear 10.2 1/4 mile in hot humid Florida weather for the F8. This winter, dry day 60 degrees and I believe we will see 10 flat from the F8.

But then the 720S on same tires will be doing 9.7 in 1/4 mile.

0-60 the Tesla S Cheetah mode beats them all....wait till next year with Plaid mode hits.

What I'd really love to see and we probably will is a fast lap at a track like VIR. Will be interesting to see how the F8 hold up against other $250k-$350k cars on a road course.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    O FFS. Seriously!? What on earth are you talking about now.? I can't believe the desperation...
    Just try for once in your life to accept the reality of the situation. It's ok that Ferrari gets beaten. It's the not the end of the world.

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    The video above shows the F8 beating the Porsche so if you have other “numbers” please share them. I’m no Porsche hater either as I have a 2021 911 turbo s cab ordered.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5635 Shadowfax, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020

The vid you are showing is a cab and cab is never as fast as the coupe. Even so that cab seems slow for a 992tts. Must be a dud. Ive driven the tts and the F8 and even from my but dyno it felt harder and faster than the F8. The F8 may take it on a roll but in a point to point back mountain run run my money would be on the tts for the win all day every day. It is what it is. Is just a more communicative connected package and the way it puts power down is pretty hard to top imho.

I doubt my pista can take it from a dig down a 1/4 too.

Heres another of it spanking a taycan...

PS and take no offense to this but a tts cab and an F8 seems a bit of a double up - both very regular and rather bland DD's for all the money spent.

11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Well for me I live in Michigan so I need a winter vehicle. The 911 will be my daily and winter vehicle, I also got the cab because my F8 is a coupe and I love the top down experience. I just couldn’t give up the engine under glass on the Tributo. I can’t drive my F8 daily in my line of work so it’s a weekend special kind of car for me. The best of both worlds and my 3rd 911 turbo. I had a 993 a 996 and now the 992, LOL and I don’t think an F8 is bland at all, I know you think the Pista is the be all and end all but not me.

Drson, anishka and wthensler like this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely nothing wrong with it! I love Porsche as well. I just don't like the 992 Gen. It seems big and un-Porsche-like. However, its performance... Off the charts. I am not quite believing the videos... There were no telemetry in the races so it is hard to tell whether the Porsche TS really beat the McLaren and the Taycan. In addition, the the F8 race with the Cab should not have been so different. Which is another stupid match. Why a coupe vs a cab!???

I agree with you on having the 911 as a daily driver. It is the best daily driver you an possibly get if you can afford it. Your rationale is also logical. I, on the other hand, would never own a convertible, but if that is what you want. Absolutely go for it... and please share it with me. I want to see what you're getting.

I am not certain why there is continuous negative comparison of the F8 vs the Pista. They are two different cars. Both great within their OWN rights. I too, decided against the Pista. I considered it when I learned that my car would take so long and then further delayed by COVID. But the aggressive off street -track racing appearance, interiors and rear turned me away from it. It has a beautiful front and profile view. I think that SOME (not all) may be upset because the F8 has the same engine and it is nearly half the price and in my opinion, better looking. You can upgrade and make your F8 look and sound a lot better, perhaps closer to or same as the Pista and perform better (if you don't care about the warranty) and still not come close to the Pista price tag. This is not meant to be a zinger, this is just my opinion.

Drson likes this.
  13. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    #5638 xBox, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    When it comes from Pista owners I can understand some of the motivation:

- Performance on paper is frustratingly close, yet the driving experience is very different.

- The exclusivity of the product has been heavily diluted due to production numbers. Personally, I wouldn't care if everyone drove a Pista, or whatever car flicked my switch, but this is Ferrari we are talking about and this was a big deviation from the Speciale sales model.

Worryingly, F8 was always going to be a short run filler product and what with CV disruptions, we could conceivably see the F8 produced in lower numbers than Pista, unless Ferrari adjust to correct such a scenario.

Just to add, I'm not writing this with antagonistic motivations. Pista is unquestionably a wonderful product and owners should be suitably proud of their purchase.

Drson and GT2goneF like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #5640 Dicecal, Oct 23, 2020
    Some folks on here would rather just bash the F8 to justify their own preference and biases, I've just learned to ignore them..... You would think they could use their efforts more productively.

Drson, jim g and GT2goneF like this.
  16. Jaiceman

Jaiceman Rookie

Aug 8, 2020
    #5642 Jaiceman, Oct 23, 2020
    The 992 turbo s is a beast, it was a tough choice but I decided to get a g63 for daily duty to compliment the F8. For cool sunny days, my 718 spyder covers that base and my upcoming amg BS will fill the role I had considered the pista for ( never mind the BS being faster than the pista but more importantly to me by all accounts the BS is also rawer and more visceral than both the f8 and pista). They all compliment each other from one driving extreme to the next, depending on my mood.

I never thought much about it as an above poster pointed out, but the F8 may indeed be a short run, a mother nature limited run lol.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Chris Harris, after reviewing the SF90, said " F8 Tributo, how good it felt after this ( SF90). Felt nearly as fast.Two wheel drive. more playful."

18. Jaiceman

Jaiceman Rookie

Aug 8, 2020
    Caught that too. It was a nice frank discussion.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Harris is very familiar with the Pista, which ultimately he found wanting.

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    he’s too cynical lately

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    ScrappyB likes this.
  22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Robert430, Spider68, jim g and 2 others like this.