FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ohh, and elton only tied with michael, Because he sure as hell didn't won canada last year.

2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Senna and Prost as teammates were wining races and championships off each other, unlike the HAM/(filler-driver)BOT combo. Schumacher dominated all his co-drivers but had to fight for most of his WDC with drivers from another team (or two, sometimes colluding). The only times maybe (maybe!) another driver could have won in his car was 2002 and 2004.

HAM is good and rarely makes mistakes but these last however many years has been a 2 car championship. No other era has been this one-sided.

So one of the best (rookie year against Alonso was an indication) but certainly not the greatest.

Bas, Picchu88 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I wish him the best; he is an outstanding driver.

ktu likes this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Nobody said that a driver has to pick a bad team to prove his worth; that's not in the rules

Good cars usually go to good drivers.

kraftwerk, Terra, tifosi12 and 2 others like this.
  5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    When the commentators announce the winner of the race in the pre-race show... there is no competition.

Hocakes and marioz like this.
  6. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Ultimately, the best drivers find their way to the best cars. The cream rises to the top as it were and a funny or blunt quote from an ultimately successful quarterback in American Football-John Elway. He found ultimate success very late in his career with a much better supporting team around him, "In the long run, the cream always rises and the crap always sinks".

kraftwerk, tifosi12 and ktu like this.
  7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's funny how MS fans used to tell us non stop how great he is because of all his stats. Now that they are being broken, stats seem no longer relevant for some.

:cool:

simpen, TopspeedPT, subirg and 6 others like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Alonso disagree.

ingegnere likes this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Overall, a good weekend for the reds, I think.

- The upgrades worked as predicted and worked well enough to bring the car to 3rd best

- Leclerc confirming with every race his status as a superstar

- The team’s choice of teammate to Leclerc next year is proving to be a quite an inspired choice as he’s probably the best driver out there outside the guys at the top teams

- Good reliability, good strategy, no mistakes, and a useful amount of points collected.

10. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well, for me, the track was the hero today. It gave everyone in the pits and on the track some challenges to set ups and strategies. And it showed up
    in some good dicing. Stroll seems to be off balance since he came back. Perez is proving he belongs on the grid. Alfa should have grabbed him instead of staying with their current line up...but maybe that is because they will drop out after next year because Fiat doesn't want the cash drain on their books while they search for a buyer. Haas says they are going the "young" route...which tells me they don't want long term contracts with even mid grade drivers...which tells me they probably won't be around after next year either. I'm also smelling a "move to Mercedes by Max" announcement within three more races. Where does that leave Red Bull? Maybe Perez will find a home there. Kimi must need the money to keep embarrassing himself by continuing to pretend he's a racer. The season is drawing to a close with a whimper and not a bang.

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I was wondering how this car would behave with,let say, thirty more horsepowers?

ingegnere likes this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Fernando has made tough decisions and his behavior has really penalized his legacy. Not the formula a successful driver should follow

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Dream. On.

14. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    10 titles has a nice ring to it.

15. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    We would see heads explode if that happened, especially in here, I think we are close as it is.:D

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Now, you are asking a lot ! :)

I think 100 poles and 100 GP wins are possible though ...

Terra, Mark(study), kraftwerk and 2 others like this.
  17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Hamilton at Mercedes in 2013 looks more like a winning lottery ticket than a real predestination.
    I agree with you, Alonso was penalized because of his behaviour during his career.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well I have and many have as well. That’s how u earn respect. Ask Lebron James he knows a thing or two about not getting his dues because of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Natkingcolebasket69

I actually am a senna. Schumacher was a ****** but il the wet widely superior to Lewis

furoni likes this.
  20. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    And the Ham fans of today agreed with those MS fans back than about the importance of stats? Since they today find them really relevant it would be funny if they didn’t think so back than when they were working in favor of Schumacher..

On Dutch news it says Verstappen asked for a test in a merc, after Hamilton telling how good the Red Bull is and how close it is to the Mercedes. Hamilton declines but Mercedes welcomed him to do so on Twitter.

Would be nice to finally see how these two really compare. If only to stop these endless debates about goat/ no goat...

jpalmito likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Who says drivers are in F1 to "earn respect" ? I thought they were there to race. Many wouldn't give a toss about "earning respect" anyway.

Who is Lebron James ?

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    A useless exercise that wouldn't prove anything.

23. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The hards were the right choice. Looking at what happened to the soft in the first stint with other drivers, 26 laps for Bottas wouldn’t have worked out. The gap would’ve been far more than the 25 seconds that it was.

ricksb likes this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lebron James is an NBA basketball player who has won 4 Championship rings.

He's not even close to MJ.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Go on the Internet u will find out he is the best athlete in the world. Thought brits had a sports culture?