Ferrari Owners in Tucson | FerrariChat

Ferrari Owners in Tucson

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by jeremywoan, Apr 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeremywoan

jeremywoan Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Hi

I have a 360 and I'm now in Tucson several times a month on business. Wondering if there were any other owners in the area.

Thanks

2. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Former 355 owner picking up a 360 in OR this weekend back on Monday.

Welcome

Caphill likes this.
  3. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    I've got an F430, live in Oro Valley just northwest of Tucson. Not too many other Ferrari's in town.

4. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    Marc-

Congrats on the 360! We need details...F1/manual, color, etc.

Steve

5. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks Steve.

Its a 99 Euro car Red with blk/red 6 speed manual with exhaust and challenge grill done. I have a set of CS wheels to put on it and will probably drive it quite a bit as it has some miles on it already (about 42k or so).

I had the PPI done by the dealer in Oregon and it checked out perfect. 165-170 compression across all 8 cylinders and leakdown max was 4% and no more than 1% variance on any of the cylinders. All records were available at RTGT and at most if not all owners (3) are F-chat folks.

6. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    As for other Ferraris in town there are more than you would think! I've come to the conclusion that Tucson is an under-the-radar Ferrari community.

I've now seen a couple of 430's, older superamerica, 275 gtb/4, daytona coupe (last three are the same owner) recently had the opportunity to see a 288 GTO in person that had only 7K miles on it. Also know of someone that owns 5-7 of them in varied styles 348, 355, 360, TR but never drives them. (sad to say). Also a doc at TMC drives a 355B almost daily thats parked close to the ER and I'm sure there are a few more. While we pale in comparrison to L.A., Phoenix and other cities I think we hold our own in the toy dept.

7. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    HI, I live near Camino Seco and Broadway. I have a 1982 400I, If you go for a drive let me know. Fritz Ficke

8. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    We should see how many Tucsonian f-cars we can get together. Maybe we could all meet for dinner at La Encantada?

Caphill likes this.
  9. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I'm game.

10. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    Count me in.

11. jlabaudio

jlabaudio Rookie

Jun 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh Rosenfield
    Hello,

Is there somewhere to get Ferrari service here? Thinking about getting a 348.

Thanks!

12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
  13. AriZonad54

AriZonad54 Rookie

Jul 30, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey guys and gals...

Stop by Tucson's local European and Exotic vehicle website/ forums...

www.AZEuropeans.com

Tucson events are posted on the calendar... as well as the Phoenix events, such as the Scottsdale Cars and Coffee event.

I believe I have met Fritz before at one of our Friday events. He'll be the first to tell you I am not a Ferrari owner, but a BMW owner. I know I know, by no means, no prancing horse. But I'll take my M3 over a Corolla!!

Stop by the website!

14. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    I am a new Ferrari owner. Have a 2020 Portofino. Interested in joining any group drives. Also trying to mod the exhaust in my car and having difficulty getting someone local. Any suggestions appreciated.

15. V1ROT8

V1ROT8 Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Tucson, AZ
    Carthusiast, thanks for bumping this thread. I’m in Tucson also. I bought an F430 about a year ago and I’ve been looking for a competent (Ferrari familiar) shop here too. I have no problem wrenching on my car for most things, but I’m sure eventually something will pop up that either I can’t handle or don’t have the tools for (computer stuff). I’d definitely be interested to hear if there are any recommendations in Tucson.

Caphill and carthusiast like this.
  16. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    I’d love to find out if you guys find a place. We may end up down there.

17. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Glad I checked this thread again. Just moved to Tucson late March from Hilton Head, SC. Brought an '06 F430 Spider with me that I've had for 5 yrs and also facing the eventual service dilemma (need to replace the tension bands in the convertible top now). I see C&C is tentatively planning a Mt. Lemon drive & photoshoot for July 11 that I'm giving serious thought to https://www.facebook.com/events/526473287989649/. Maybe I'll see some of you folks there.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caphill likes this.
  18. V1ROT8

V1ROT8 Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey Bruce, welcome to Tucson! I haven’t done any C&C events, mostly out of laziness. But the Mt. Lemmon drive looks fun. Nice 430, love that color combo. I was torn between that one and red/beige, which is what I eventually bought.

I still haven’t found a shop, but I haven’t actively been looking either.

19. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks! We're really enjoying Tucson so far even though times are a bit strange. No hurricane evacuations is a definite plus although it's a little smokey in our back yard at the moment.

I've got a funny feeling Phoenix is going to be the closest option for service, but I'll keep poking around. Hope we can meet at the Mt. Lemmon event!

Caphill likes this.
  20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    synchro likes this.
  21. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Yikes! Last night was a bit unnerving with the mountains behind our house glowing, but not as scary as that image. The neighborhood just to the west of us was evacuated this morning, and we're on "ready" status. And to think we moved away from the east coast a couple of months ago so we wouldn't have to evacuate from hurricanes any more.... :(

Caphill, synchro and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Stuart L owns a Dino in Tucson, I don't see his response here

23. John M. Worthington

Oct 16, 2018
    Tucson, AZ - Barbours, PA - Grass Lake, MI
    Full Name:
    John M. Worthington
    To resurrect this thread. I just bought an ‘83 Mondial QV that needs to have the cabin blower motor replaced. Does any local Fchat member know of a competent F service provider in the Tucson area?

24. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm relatively new in Tucson, however, I was told that Autohaus has a Ferrari technician and they have the software to work on some relatively late-model Ferraris > http://www.autohaustucson.com/index.html

25. John M. Worthington

Oct 16, 2018
    Tucson, AZ - Barbours, PA - Grass Lake, MI
    Full Name:
    John M. Worthington
    Thanks much. I’ll give them a call.