360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 13 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    That was hot. Wow.

2. Mbelliss

Mbelliss Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    Todd Laing likes this.
  3. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Beautiful picture!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
  5. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Do you plan on getting the "challenge grill" for the back?

Todd Laing likes this.
  6. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    No. I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the look of the painted rear. I hear that the mesh grill helps with cooling I'm just not crazy about the look. To be honest this it the first car that I pretty much love everything about the looks stock. Kinda wiggin me out as I'm used to modifying everything from the jump.! I'm sure I will come up with something.LOL

ScottS likes this.
  7. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have the challenge grill, but I really like the look of both. I mainly like it for the additional cooling as it get's really hot back there.

Todd Laing likes this.
  8. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    The Challenge grill is defiantly more sporty looking. I seem to like it better on the hard tops for some reason. You are right and I was shocked how much heat this baby puts off. I always pop the rear hatch an let her cool off after a ride. I cant image how hot it would get on a track really getting it.! Mine will live a spoiled life. The older I get the easier I am on my stuff. I love to drive her briskly up the mountain but not at near the pace I used to try to do. The car is so enjoyable to drive without having to go balls out I love it. Usually I'm just top down, tunes up enjoying the fall weather. I doubt I'm putting any stress on the engine grandpa driving her. LOL

armedferret likes this.
  9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    You should consider that these cars seem to "need" an Italian tuneup now and then. Run it to near redline (aka Italian tuneup) at least once a drive to keep everything in good working order. I have a spot near me that's a long protected entrance to the expressway that I can get 7500-8000 in 3rd before hitting the main road.

Todd Laing likes this.
  10. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Oh for sure. I love to hear her sing at redline. I just don't stay there near as much as I used to. LOL. When I had my Porsche Turbo 6 speed. I would push it to the point of scaring myself to often. Luckily I lived passed the point to out grow that. Still like to go fast just in smaller doses. But she will still get her legs stretched regularly!

EastMemphis likes this.
  11. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Hey Todd...nice pics posted above. Just curious, are you related to the "Queen"? Appears like she adores your car!

I like the Challenge rear grill, ours won't come with it and doubt we will get one unless engine cooling is an issue.

We're still in "shop hell" was told it would be done this week and then it wasnt. Oh well.

Todd Laing likes this.
  12. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Yes that’s my daughter. She loves the car and can’t wait to be able to drive it. Lord help me. Lol. Sorry to hear that. Waiting is the worst! What are you waiting to have done? Now that mine is here the dilemma is I want to drive it all the time but life as usual gets in the way! Always to much going on. But when I do get to take her out it’s heaven. Your gonna love it! Ferrariness is real it’s hard to describe but the car is just so dang good!

13. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Still waiting on the major engine service and a couple other minor things. Hesco only has one tech that works on Ferrari’s, and I don’t want to rush them but don’t tell me it will be done and then it isn’t! At least no other unknowns have popped up. I’m trying to be as patient as possible, at least I dont have to worry about putting the car away for the season, winters are the best time for cruising down here in TX.

Todd Laing likes this.
  14. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Yes we are lucky we can drive just about year around! I actually enjoy colder driving weather less bugs! Lol Hopefully you get your car soon to enjoy fall driving!

ScottS and armedferret like this.
  15. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I like the Challenge grill on coupes better, and at one point considered one. But after not encountering any heat issues even with track driving, I decided to skip it. The painted rear looks good, too, and the Challenge grill lets in lots of dirt, so it would be a pain to keep the engine clean.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

16. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Todd
    Did you get the mats yet?

I just picked up a second hand pair here. Classic colors. Pictures to follow

488 spider officially gone and F8 on the way. But this 360 spider is my current favorite. I may have to get a gated version......it’s a little easier in traffic I tell myself.

How many miles have you added now ?
    I am at 690 therapeutic miles

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armedferret and Todd Laing like this.
  17. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Mats should be here soon! I have put about 350 miles on her so far and loved every one. I’m so happy I held out for the manual. Makes the car feel so special to drive. I look forward to it every time. I’ll post up mat pictures as soon as they show!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Had just came in from wiping on the interior! Lol

Need4Spd likes this.
  18. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I’ll race you to mat pictures. You made me do it.

I agree on the manual. Would have if I didn’t have the 430 manual. But that would have increased the price and my wife would have noticed.

Speaking of which what’s going on in Maine ?
    Have we heard from him ?
    Scott

Todd Laing and Maine57S1 like this.
  19. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    all good here Scott. Enjoying the car and some brisk fall drives.

armedferret and ScottS like this.
  20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Because Blu goes with the fall.

What ultimately did it cost you with your wife ?

I got some art and furniture.
    Maybe a new backsplash.

Todd Laing likes this.
  21. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    she was actually very cool when it showed up.... which means its going to cost me any finance related argument for the rest of my life :) "did i say anything when you bought the ferrari?!"

22. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I got off cheaper.

armedferret, Todd Laing and Maine57S1 like this.
  23. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    The 360 is actually the first car that I have that the wife ask to go ride in.! We have done a Saturday morning run every weekend so far.