458 - How to deal with engine light with decat pipe | FerrariChat

458 How to deal with engine light with decat pipe

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by squires, Oct 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. squires

squires Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Hi everyone. I would like to get more info on straight pipe (decat) on 458. How to get rid of engine light without tune ? Does the Capristo OBD wizard work? Or any other options ? Thank you in advance .

2. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    As far as I know there is no other option other than getting your ECU tuned to get rid of the code. I had to do that when I had my old 488 with Fabspeed race cats. If you don’t already have the ECU tuned, it’s an easy extra 100whp if you want that at least.

EDIT: Only extra 100whp with 488. Forgot you said 458. Maybe an extra 20-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squires likes this.
  3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I've never used the Capristo OBD Wizard but I know people who do and they say it works. The Novitec CEL remover has issues with North American cars it seems so don't use that.

I think most people end up tuning because the OBD Wizard is already nearly as expensive as a mild tune from a reputable company.

4. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I had cat delete on many cars including my 05 Gallardo and what I did is I got a o2 spacer and it worked with out having to get a tune. I now have a 458 and I just bought a aftermarket exhaust and also test pipes (cat deletes). I will for sure use a o2 spacer again. Now days they even have o2 spacers with a mini cat inside. Fabspeed makes it for $250 and bigdaddiesgarage sells it for $50.
    On my cars I just had the regular ones and it worked so this new ones with a mini cat inside must be even better.

Let us know how it goes!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You lose the warranty with a tune. The OBD Wizard lets you keep it. Looking at what we pay for our cars and what peopke pay for an aftermarket exhaust, the price of a Wizard should mean nothing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. 45800

45800 Rookie

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sah
    I have Capristo wizard OBD,it’s expensive for small part but It works and no issue at all.

For me it’s better than a tune since I can sell it
    If I want to list the car for sale.
    It fits 430, f12, 488, McLaren amd Lambo.

btw you will get minimal increase in power with new tune.