F8 - Order Status | Page 55 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It turns out that I was right. We have triplets. I may not have had a VIN all along. Got some sporadic updates. But sometime today I received this.... Along with a Status 90.

One thing I am disappointed about is that my special requests, which were apparently approved were not done. I have heard that Ferrari has been known to do this. You order your car a certain way and they do whatever they feel like. The car arrives and you either take it or they keep it and sell it to sombody else and give you an allocation for the "proper" build. It really has me upset.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Coincid, xBox, AD211 and 2 others like this.
  2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Looks beautiful
    Congrats
    What’s missing?

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I asked for satin black Ferrari rear hatch and CV logos, the italian flag rear hatch logo and the rear view mirrors in black

4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Nice
    I think the shields and flag can be easily swapped/added
    The mirrors are sabotage but your local wrap shop can sort you
    Annoying it’s not as you spec’d
    Regardless, looks great

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. bakes17

bakes17 Karting

Sep 25, 2012
    UK
    Tailor made and special orders are not done on the line as I understand it- I think they go to Zanassi, so you may be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Why would they place the mirrors of the Emblems if their going to take it off and and replace again with others. It just doesn't make sense to me.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not sure what you mean by the shields. Those are OK. It is the rear hatch Italian flag, Ferrari Emblem and CR (Cavallino Rampante) that don't seem to be on.
    The mirrors may or not make it. See below.

It seems you may be right. I reached out to sales manager and he confirmed that all options will be on the car. The only thing that may or not be optioned as requested are the rear mirrors. Turns out that the order was accepted and confirmed before I requested the change. There is a code 0MIX “Exterior Mirrors Painted” on the list of options that may indicate that they may have acknowledged and added. However, he isn't sure because external mirror painted could mean Bianco Italia as the majority of the car or Nero as the top, which was the option requested. He said this would be a surprise factor as we would find out when the car arrives. My take is that, as far as I know, they would not list the exterior mirrors painted with it's own code if it was going to be matched with the body color. Common sense would guide me to believe that it would be a separate option... But you know what they say... Common sense isn't that common these days. So lets see what the cracker jack, cereal or happy meal box brings.

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thats not good
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Went from first build, to finished in one week !!
    Obviously, the gang in Maranello still don't get the concept of timely reporting :)
    And it appears that I'll have to make do without a front bumper. Must have been an option I forgot to pay for :).
    In any case, very happy with how it seems to have turned out. Blue Nart.
    Almost identical to my 458 Spider, which this car "might" be replacing.

stavura, PTG1, xBox and 2 others like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Triplets. Great memories.

So sorry about the angst and details. Shouldn’t be this way but you know Ferrari. It’s not exactly that they don’t care but they don’t, what’s the word?

As suggested every thing can be fixed with creativity and/or money - or both.

Let me say I’m not a white car guy but it’s spectacular. The combo and spec. Makes me jealous.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am sorry you didn't get the last minute memo. Front bumpers are options for spider models now. Since they figure you are willing to pay more for not having a roof, they are now asking for more wo add the bumper.

Don't "might replace 458" with nothing,,, if you can afford it.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I reached out to sales manager and he confirmed that all options will be on the car. The only thing that may or not be optioned as requested are the rear mirrors. Turns out that the order was accepted and confirmed before I requested the change. There is a code 0MIX “Exterior Mirrors Painted” on the list of options that may indicate that they may have acknowledged and added. However, he isn't sure because external mirror painted could mean Bianco Italia as the majority of the car or Nero as the top, which was the option requested. He said this would be a surprise factor as we would find out when the car arrives. My take is that, as far as I know, they would not list the exterior mirrors painted with it's own code if it was going to be matched with the body color. Common sense would guide me to believe that it would be a separate option... But you know what they say... Common sense isn't that common these days. So lets see what the cracker jack, cereal or happy meal box brings.

PTG1 likes this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Actually seems like they do... care.... apparently.... I got a hold of the sales manager and he said everything will be done on the car with the possible exception of the rear view mirrors, as the request was placed after the order was confirmed and accepted/finalized. There is hope as they listed a code for exterior color on the mirrors. However, the sales manager isn't sure whether that means that it will be painted in the same color as the majority of the car or Nero as requested. Apparently this should be the only maybe/surprise factor.

What I don't get is why they are placing parts that they will later have to remove and replace with the correct ones. That still boggles my mind.

Thank you for the compliment on the color, very kind of you. Nothing to be jealous about. You also have a very nicely well put together piece of art, apprantly arriving in significantly less time as you just have a puddle to jump. Ours have to cross the "7 seas" and pray that Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Barbosa or the Kraken don't get to them first.

ScottS likes this.
  14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I love Blu Nart! Out F8 Coupe is Blu Nart. It is stunning! Ours has a front bumper though... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is because you got a Coupe and it is included. It is for Spider that it is a purchase option. LOL

16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!!

I hope your Bianca Italia gets sorted out. That is such a beautiful complex paint and looks beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Thank you. Will see... Should arrive to NY/NJ in 2 weeks or so, then another 2-4 days on the rail or truck... Another God knows how many days on California state inspection and then PDI... I should get it by early 2021

18. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    I just ordered my F8 this evening. I still have some time to change the specs/options. Please pardon my ignorance, this is my first Ferrari.

The only thing I am not 100% on are the racing seats (I'm coming from 3 991 GT3s/RSs with Porsche's carbon buckets). I was initially going to option the car with just standard seats, but my dealer told me that electric seats or racing seats were a "must" for resale. So, I went with the Daytona Racing Seats and was told to go with the Racing Seat Lifter. I should have asked my dealer, but is the Daytona Racing Seat also carbon fiber? Or should I just go with the CF Racing Seats?

Overall, my spec is pretty "pedestrian" with Rosso Corsa, Beige, Scuderia Shields, 20" Forged Rims in Silver, Yellow Calipers, CF Side Air Splitters, CF Steering Wheel + LEDs, Yellow Rev Counter, Advanced Front Driving Camera (I assume this is free), Parking Camera, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Back Radar, Suspension Lifter, AFS System, Nero stitching, and Nero horse on headrest.

Anything else I should consider?

Appreciate the input. thanks!

19. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Daytona Racing Seats are CF and in my opinion are fantastic in feel and look!

Corsaspider likes this.
  20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I hope sooner.

My dealer suggested December. Is Cali that bad?

So you HBR the ship,info? There’s a tracker for that as well

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    Aside from FCAM and BRAD, what other options are "free"?

awesome, thank you!

22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

For those who are or have received your car recently , are they coming in as 20’s or 21’s ?

23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    If yours is in paint now, it's got to be a '21.

Cigarzman likes this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Two things about California, it will always be more expensive and it will always take longer.

I had to do a lot of searching but I think I got it. For some reason the Chicago Express has been "out of reach for 2 days", not sure if for security reasons, technical difficulties or it just sunk... Who knows. The CMA CMG Dalila is the other ship behind Chicago Express that is also on route to NY from Genoa. That was was stuck on Valencia port for two days, should have departed already to US. I haven't checked today and didn't yesterday.

Chicago Express scheduled to arrive to NY tomorrow. Dalila next Sunday. Chances are my car is in one of those, if dealership info is correct. More than likely on Dalila.

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Rule of thumb, anything built after August (don't know what the cutoff date) will be following year. So, to answer your question, most should be 2021

Cigarzman likes this.