458 - Anyone have some Novitec springs / Spacers for sale? | FerrariChat

458 Anyone have some Novitec springs / Spacers for sale?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tarek307, Nov 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Guys, my car is at the dealer rite now and wanted to get some 458 Italia novitec springs ASAP to get them installed while its at the dealer, does anyone have a used set for sale? Spacers i could do later, but for now really want to get some springs.

2. joseph

joseph Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    New Jersey
    PM sent

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
  4. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
  5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Does anyone know if the Novitec springs for the Italia are different than the spyder ones?

6. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    They are the same.

7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Great, now i found springs, i guess next up is spacers.. i see everyone is doing 15mm-20mm do i 100% need those titanuim wheel bolts? if i go 15mm-15mm instead of 20mm will i still need bolts? the bolts are pretty $$$$

8. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    You will need to use longer lug bolts if you use spacers.
    The ones on the cars will not allow enough of the threads to go into the hub if you use the stock ones.
    Depending on which spacer kits you buy I believe they will include longer bolts in the kit. They will be either steel or possibly titanium ones.
    Thicker spacers (20mm) might come in a different design where they are bolted to the hub and then shorter bolts or nuts are used to mount the wheels.
    Look into what you are looking to purchase and see if the lug bolts are included. If not, you could just buy steel ones instead of titanium ones.

I am looking at buying a set of spacers like you are and they include titanium bolts.
    Even though the set is expensive, if you look at the cost including the bolts and spacers, it is easier to handle.

HTH,
    Gene Greer

9. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Hey Gene, but now i'm hearing that with 15mm/20mm spacers you need to set some crazy camber, and roll the fenders..would love to hear from someone who has actually done it, because i hadn't heard that before

10. Regular Guy 01

Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    There are a lot of people on here with more knowledge than I have on this subject, as I haven't done it myself. I am in the process of getting my supplies together so I can take my car to the dealer and have them do the work. I haven't heard of rolling the fenders to get clearance (and I wont do it on my car) but adding shims and other things such as this would be common to get the right specs for the alignment. This I am not worried about.
    I don't mind making changes as long as they aren't permanent and can be reversed.
    The spacers I plan to use are 14 and 17mm so I will ask my dealer in the morning for their advice.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
    Gene Greer

Tarek307 likes this.