Is the Lusso going to go up in value | FerrariChat

Is the Lusso going to go up in value

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Mickey Bharat, Nov 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Great view of Lusso ownership and possible increase in values due to no new cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

MDEL, mfr456 and Manish C like this.
  2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    If you want to become a millionaire from trading Ferraris, you need to start as a billionaire... As much as I wish it will, I dont see the Lusso going up in value significantly. Still a very limited pool of buyers for these cars. Maybe the selling time will be shorter. Maybe the bottom of the curve will be a tad higher and will probably never reach the lows the FF has reached. But an increase in value seems far fetched to me.

camshaft, F2003-GA, Wheels1 and 14 others like this.
  3. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017

Unlikely. Why would it increase? I owned an FF for a while, phenomenal car but definitely not an investment

F2003-GA, 635CSI, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They will plateau, and possibly see a small rise. The FF has had one of the hardest depreciation curves for a Ferrari in recent times, but the Lusso seems to fair better as it does not have a successor to drive prices down. It is of course not an investment like an F50, but after it plateaus, it will be a car you can own fairly "cheap", if that makes any sense. Since it went out of production, my dealer has unloaded 5 or 6 of the ones that previously sat. Some were probably waiting for something even better, and when it was discontinued, it became mire popular. It is a unique car and not something we will ever see again. As for collectibles? We'll see in 25-30 years time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Whilst the fact that Ferrari are abandoning both the 2+2 and the shooting break concepts is to me, very sad, the pool of like minded people is very small. Based on my experience of older Ferrari’s collectors go for 2 seat V12s first and only turn to the 2+2 models only when the 2 seaters become unobtainable.
    That said the depreciation curves do flatten on modern 2+2 so buyers of say a 10 year old FF won’t lose much selling later as a 13 year old FF.......unless something expensive breaks during their ownership of course....

Caeruleus11 and x z8 like this.
  6. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The PTU is a boat anchor.

dustman likes this.
  7. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    LOL. Really? I think you have a better chance buying a lottery ticket. Just my opinion.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Plateau for sure, go up probably not... I have had more Lussos then anyone I know. Die hard fan, but I don't think they are going up.

Caeruleus11, Boomhauer and 635CSI like this.
  9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    A slight aside, but this just announced in the UK (no new petrol cars after 2030). Time will tell if it will lead to a firming of F car prices over the next few years as the deadline gets closer... I don't really care, I will keep my 812 GTS forever!

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54981425

10. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    With everyone else here, don’t think it will go up, and don’t buy as an investment, but don’t think it will fall significantly either. Interestingly in the UK we may have seen a slight rise in both the FF and Lusso values. Currently (according to How many left) there are only x227 registered V12 Lusso’s in the UK making this a fairly rare piece, rarer than a Speciale and F12....both thought of as fairly low number production cars...which are both lower numbers than Pistas and all the modern stuff as Ferrari ramp up production.

As an owner of the Lusso, I personally love the way these drive, and I do try to drive it daily, opting to pick up the keys for this one over the others.....and that’s almost the joy of owning a Lusso, the owners use them and put miles on them, and want to keep them. Perhaps this is what is holding the prices steady. (In addition to the fact this could be one of the last V12 x4 seat Ferraris TBC - not an SUV)

Yes maybe a unique clientele for the Lusso, but for me, it’s a V12 Ferrari which howls like a screaming banshee, which you can get the family, the cabin is pure luxury, handles like a 458 (in the wet, perhaps one of the fastest Ferraris there is), and looks like no other car on the road, doesn’t draw the wrong attention, you can go shopping in it, and you don’t have to worry about the mileage, and the values are fairly static, and you won’t care about the value anyway because you will probably want to just keep it because they really are that good....one of the best Ferraris I have owned and I have had a few....absolutely love them, and the more I look at them the more I simply love the unique lines... I think people are still only really starting to discover the Lusso and for me it still feels like the latest new model...and probably always will...

Might have over done that LOL, yeah they are all right...prices probably static

Mark T

James Clooney, SECRET, ANOpax and 5 others like this.
  11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The question will be, once this government has stopped the sale of petrol vehicles, how long it will take a future government to ban their usage?
    If they do that Lusso and all Ferrari values are toast and we just own sculptures.

12. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well if, maybe even when, that happens the end result will be ALL current cars will be dead. And there is no way in the nearest future that there even going to be a close possibility to replace all cars, busses, you-name-it with something electric. And that is because of the obvious that there is not close to any production facility available to build the cars, and produce the batteries, and to charge the cars...

You like to kill earth? well that is possible by both ways - so choose something in between that is realistic.

13. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    In London at least there seems to be an active campaign of making driving so difficult that people will give up on it (a lot more cycle lanes, 24 - 7 bus lanes, local restrictions on traffic flows etc). I can't see petrol cars being banned for a long time (15+ years) but in the meantime they will make driving so painful and expensive (via tax, at least on petrol cars) that people opt not to drive. I'm going to use the heck out of my V12 while I can, outside London!!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    YESSS, I will meet you there!! My business partner and I both bought 2 Lusso's together and did a same day delivery! This was last February with winters on them ready to go! We even named our office french pit bull - Lusso. Also maybe a bit over the top :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That was one of the reasons I left London and headed for the sticks. The cost/benefit calculus just shifted too far. I now spend my timer and money in Devon.

16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Painful How England one of the birthplaces of democracy has become so authoritarian..

Nospinzone, ANOpax and 635CSI like this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    you missed something huge in the world history class regarding England and democracy.

18. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Beautiful Lusso’s, V12’s too....nice selections.

uhn2000 likes this.
  19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And all this time I thought Greece was the birthplace of democracy. I think England should bring back the monarchy. :D

Boomhauer and vraa like this.
  20. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The Lusso will probably be the last four seater V12 Ferrari. I doubt Ferrari will put a V12 in the Purosange, will mostly be a hybrid V6 or V8. They are fairly low production and very practical so I think the depreciation will slow and eventually stabilize. Being the last V12 may make it quite desirable as a daily driver for Ferrari enthusiasts. I use mine everyday and enjoy it as much or more than when I bought it over three years ago.

mthompson2376 and Nospinzone like this.
  21. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Athens practiced a political system of legislation and executive bills. Participation was far from open to all residents, but was instead limited to adult, male citizens (i.e., not a foreign resident, regardless of how many generations of the family had lived in the city, nor a slave, nor a woman), who "were probably no more than 30 percent of the total adult population".[1]

Nospinzone likes this.
  22. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I think England should bring back the monarchy
    we did it’s called McLaren

vraa likes this.
  23. migg48

migg48 Karting

Jul 7, 2006
    They say something similar in California too. I doubt it.

24. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The Lusso will one day rise in value, but I wouldn’t wait up.
    The 250 GT/E is comparable. It did rise, but long after it’s ostensibly sexier 2 seat contemporaries.
    Plus the volume produced is huge compared to the 60’s cars, and they are better built than earlier Ferraris so more of them will stay around.
    You should only approach a Lusso purchase with the aim of enjoying it NOW.
    If you are negotiating for a used car, don’t let the dealer give you any of that “investment opportunity” BS, and I say that as an owner.

25. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    100%, and because you can use a Lusso more, with its practicality etc. (I had mine out in the snow last week - really highlights just how good the systems are), you will enjoy it more often...definitely a car to buy and use, and probably just keep....

635CSI, Caeruleus11 and rossodino like this.