Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Sad Experience at Ferrari Las Vegas

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1cerberus4u, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    80 divided by 2 = 40

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There is a very simple formula to follow in order to be treated with respect at all super car dealers. Call to speak to a salesperson to make an appointment to see and discuss the car in which you are interested. Simply seeing a dealer with no financial means or intent to purchase may be meant with disinterest or worse. If you already own a supercar, apprise him of that fact and state that while you are pleased with your current car make it clear that you are seriously considering a change. I do not visit a dealer in Armani suits, Louboutin shoes nor wearing a Patek Phillippe watch. Yet every high end car dealership I have visited has treated me well. Having a keen knowledge of cars further enhances credibility.

larry rebelo and bball16 like this.
  3. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I find it so funny people are taking this thing serious and trying to tell us "how to buy a Ferrari". What about the customer that doesn't want to a talk to a salesman? I have never been a single Ferrari dealership that I didn't come out feeling sleazy. I don't care about the dealer, don't care about their history, don't care about some stupid event they can get me into, definitely don't care about hanging out or meeting other owners. I try to go into the dealer looking as homeless as possible so they will ignore me. The whole you need a meeting when those idiots are sitting around checking out each other Instagram's pisses me off. I tried to get into my local dealer to look at Rosa Scuderia car they had on the show room in person because I wanted to see what the color looked like. They simply just pissed me off because I couldn't make a meeting right there even though it was clear nobody inside was doing anything. I could do without the whole pompousness that surrounds these cars. It makes me embarrassed to say I own one at times. I own a Ferrari because they are super bad ass to drive and look beautiful. I'm pretty sure I am exactly the guy Enzo didn't want owning his cars. And for those on this forum that are like I don't know what you are talking about??? It's probably because you are exactly what I am talking about

m5shiv likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My outfit is very eclectic.
    I usually wear a Nike sports shirt...$19.
    Lulu Lemon shorts...pricey at $70, but soooo comfortable!
    Florsheim boat shoes that are 4-8 years old...$49
    No socks, ever.
    Underwear optional.
    Usually a Patek Philippe Nautilus, but type of watch depends on where I am in the “rotation.”

There are times I might be mistaken for someone who just rolled in from a Burning Man Festival.

But...and this is a BIG but...I’m never as eclectic as Cigarzman! :D

Cigarzman, Napoli, GT2goneF and 3 others like this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My uniform is comprised of a hoodie, if cold , a tea shirt- long sleeve or short (when warm), lululemon pants ( won't wear shorts to see dealers) and Sketchers ( the most comfortable shoes in the world), always with socks, Apple Watch . Not a single piece of jewelry.

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    “tea shirt”
    Ohhhhh...you’re slipping Coincid...slipping. :)

xBox likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    And you still think/hope/wish he did. Ain't happening!

8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    TMI!

and a BIG butt!

way too much info!

SV

italiafan likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    More sophisticated than a T- Shirt.

xBox and italiafan like this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    anyone want me to email him? :D

GT2goneF, AD211, xBox and 3 others like this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i have the number of the former hall of famer. Let me see if he can get in touch with the guy to contact his brother.

12. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Here's another Ferrari Vegas incident, similar thing happen to this guy. No pictures in the showroom, attitude and a back story about a 488 sale falling through.

Action starts at 6:29

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    jm2 likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    lol. That old man is Jeff Adelman. He lost my business as well. But for the record, I find this youtuber needs to grow up.

jm2, GT2goneF and Napoli like this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    frustrating !

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Relentless!!! I sure hope I never end up on the wrong side of the line. I also hope the line is stationary as well!

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Oh my God!!! Pure evil... Is there some sort of immunity card; diplomatic, political, humanitarian, pity... I'll take one, just in case. Heck... I will buy one.

LVP488 likes this.
  18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I emailed OP. :D

RayJohns likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Just another entitled customer and with the attitude to stir up trouble and get "likes" on his channel. Unfortunately, things like these sell. If there are rules, it is so simple to follow. Common courtesy and not being confrontational will get you a long way. Just have to remember, it is a private business, what they say, it was goes. They reserve the right of admission as well as they right to sell or not.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Oh man.... You are EVIL!

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    there is nothing wrong notifying a OP a thread they forgot about has become the most popular on FerrariChat. :D It is a courtesy.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You are a... No, I take that back.. You are THE ONE AND ONLY MASTER of diplomatic EVILNESS!

23. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Has anyone else found that the female sales people are more responsive and friendlier?

I have.

rob lay and GT2goneF like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The best in the business is Heather Ballantine at Lamborghini Uptown Toronto. Knowledgeable, attentive, respectful and exceptionally charming.

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Friendlier, perhaps... But I think that there may be a lot more to it. At least, with this one for sure!

This one is a celebrity. She has the Youtube world in her pocket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Innovativethinker likes this.