458 - Best Tire Pressures for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 s | FerrariChat

458 Best Tire Pressures for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 s

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Nov 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    So each time my service center puts on new tires which for me have been the MPS4s, they like to set up the tire pressure with some slight differences.

I’ve seen cold pressures at 32 front and rear to 34 front and 32 rear.

What cold pressures are you running for the street? Equal front and rear ?

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    In NL (Europe) 2.0 Atm front, 2.4 back ...

3. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I run my 2015 Spider at 30 psi, Front and 29 psi Rear. I've experimented and found that this gives me a comfortable ride but still with plenty of grip when spirited driving.

Stams, JAhmed and docf like this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Same. These are the settings on the door pillar and seem to work well. The car has more understeer than I’d like for the track, though this is good for public roads where you can encounter more surprises and don’t have room to drift or keep the right pedal down.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I did do a Track Day during the Summer and for that event I increased pressure by 3 Lbs cold at each tire and I thought the car felt very neutral. Tire pressure is easy and free to adjust so experimenting can be interesting.

6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    For better grip for a track day due to tires gaining more pressure that street driving you should decrease cold pressure instead on increase. Hot pressure with stock alignment of ps4 tires should be around 36psi max. Usually on track beginner to intermediate drivers you will see around a 6-7psi increase from cold. After each session you should be bleeding air out to keep hot psi in check.

Need4Spd, MalibuGuy and FFan5 like this.
  7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Ditto. 30/29 Street. 27/26 track maximum. (don't go hard the first few turns)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    My door sticker say 30 front and 29 rear —cold pressure.

When driving in So Cal, with these cold pressures I rarely get above 32 when warm. Except maybe in August when the weather is much warmer.

The service center replaced my tires and bumped up the tire pressure. I had a long highway drive at speed for about an hour and noticed that the tire pressures were around 36 front and 35 rear. The car felt very well balanced and steering was excellent.

maybe felt a little more if the road surface imperfections but actually liked the feedback.

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Hi your rear wheels should be a little lower than the front.