New 360 owner looking for other 360 owners in Birmingham area | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New 360 owner looking for other 360 owners in Birmingham area

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by dbdreams, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I still don't know the extent of damage to the motor. I had emailed earlier in the week then called on Friday and left a message for him to call but I didn't hear anything back yet. I guess I will have to make time to go by there in person. Still hoping for the best and I must admit I am having withdrawals.

I read on here where on 360s the pre-cat can crumble and pieces can be sucked back in the motor. Aside from working the heads, replacing possible bent valves, having the heads milled to increase compression, and maybe a five angle valve job, I can see the possibility of a complete exhaust system, headers, cat-delete pipes, and a valved exhaust to eliminate the issue of the pre-cats crumbling. The flip side is coming to terms with coming off that much money at one time.

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    They haven't contacted you since they got the car over two weeks ago?

3. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    We have spoken once but at the time he said he was working up a price on parts to get a preliminary quote Then after they remove the heads there would be a revaluation depending on what damage if any had been done once they are able to open it up.