Sold - 2014 F12 ROSSO MARINELLO/CUOIO 6700 mi MINT!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2014 F12 ROSSO MARINELLO/CUOIO 6700 mi MINT!!

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Yellow Compass, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  2. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    #27 stan996turbo, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    The build sheet reads carbon fiber steering wheel but appears not to be? The earlier listing reads cuoio color wheel, was it swapped out?

3. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    From the current owner:
    The dealer that sold the car new said that was the wheel that came on it. I never saw anything about a cuoio wheel. It has carbon fiber paddles. The dealer said that is what that meant. I have no reason to believe the wheel was changed.

4. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    From the earlier add
    ”steering wheel +LED's wrapped in cuoio leather”
    The build sheet reads:
    carbon fiber steering wheel+LEDS $4979
    Colored steering wheel $883
    Seems pretty clear
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Stan are you interested in buying the car? I’m trying to understand your motive here

6. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I have no motive other than to point out an obvious discrepancy to a potential buyer, seems simple? Your inability to recognize the point after I identified is either ignorance or unscrupulousness. Why would you be defensive over a simple mistake? It don’t think it will serve to enhance your reputation.

7. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mike is a straight shooter. Can someone clarify here? The steering wheel is not the one described in the build sheet? Is that the bottom line??

8. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    How dare you ask a relevant question.:)

9. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    I am not as fluent in reading Ferrari as some... but it seems clear to me. It’s a carbon fiber wheel with LEDs. Then there was an additional fee paid to wrap it in the coloured leather. That’s how you get a coloured leather wheel with LEDs from the factory.

LVP488, johnr265 and Cigarzman like this.
  10. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Dear David I think you’re reading and interpretation of this particular foreign language is just fine :)

11. ozcav

ozcav Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    A carbo fiber wheel would have carbon fiber around the button areas. That does not appear to be the case but the picture quality isn’t great. If it is carbon just post a better picture to clear it up. I don’t see the upper in alcantera either but agin pictures don’t show it clearly. It really appears the options list you posted isn’t from this car.

12. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #37 Yellow Compass, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    LOL!!!
    The carbon in the engine bay is Carbinio

13. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  14. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    The build sheet posted in the add lines up correctly, my guess is that one of the owners did not care for the look of a colored wheel and changed it. Just read the previous ad for this car, it listed steering wheel wrapped in Cuoio leather also notice the MSRP is identical so it’s the same car.
    Copied from FC as originally advertised:

Year: 2014
    Miles: 5700
    Exterior: RossoMaranello
    Interior: Cuoio
    Ferrari F12berlinetta
    Description:
    F12 eligible to be a certified pre-owned Ferrari, but it also has the remainder of its 7-year free maintenance program in tact for added peace of mind. This Ferrari is fitted with the following options: INCREDIBLE 'Rosso Maranello' triple-layer paint, suspension lift, AFS lighting, Alcantara headliner, aluminum brake calipers, Daytona style seats, horse stitched on headrests in black, steering wheel +LED's wrapped in cuoio leather, yellow shields , self-dimmingmirrors/Homelink, passenger display, 20" forged diamond style wheels, full electric seats, leather parcel shelf, high- power JBL sound system, upper part in Alcantara, satellite radio, and carbon fiber bridge. Original MSRP was $394,094 plus diffuser In carbon fiber and F1 light cover on back bumper.that I purchased at the Ferrari dealers of Denve

15. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tough crowd...especially when it's likely none of them are even really considering buying the car.:rolleyes:

Beautiful F12 in a really nice spec. FWIW I prefer the black wheel!

16. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    The car is beautiful, and if I was looking to spend $220k on a car I think I would be interested in anything that’s different from new. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with switching steering wheels, so there shouldn’t be any hard feelings. What’s strange is the way the seller is responding to a simple straightforward question.

17. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    This. Ferrari ordering is a little weird. You don't directly order a leather wrapped LED wheel, you order the carbon, then pay extra to get it wrapped in leather of color (in this case, the color is black, not cuoio and if you notice, the color is rarely specified on the order sheet). In the process, though you've paid for the carbon, you now lose it and I think you also lose the carbon around the buttons. See this similar build where they spec'd silver plastic around the buttons.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/rosso-fuoco-f12-incoming.455627/page-4

Not sure if sellers car is black plastic around the buttons or if that piece is also leather colored. Either way, no reason to suspect it is modified from the way it was delivered from the factory. Love the spec and wish I had more space in my garage.

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Seems the build sheet just specifies "coloured steering wheel" in addition to "carbon fiber wheel with LEDs"; from the picture it is what it looks like - a carbon fiber wheel with the LEDs and the carbon part wrapped with couloured leather.
    The quoted reference for a cuio coloured wheel is apparently from a previous add and not from any document, so it could be wrong and not prove any steering wheel change.

19. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Here is a better picture of the current wheel clearly not carbon fiber. Black is always the standard color you would not be charged $883 to get black leather. Hello, the earlier ad for this exact car said WRAPPED IN CUOIO LEATHER. There should have only been 2 posts related to this issue, my question and the appropriate correction from the seller. I don’t know anything about Yellow Compass but I know they post new listings often. All sales should be based on honesty and transparency, period.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Either:
    1-clerical mistake
    2-owner changed it to match ?
    3-well seems unlikely some accidents would have been needing to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    At the time if you wanted to get the LED Wheel with leather I believe you had to do so through special order.

On the build sheet for this car, the STW 1 Colored Steering Wheel Option is listed as Extra Campionario... In this case, it appears to have been wrapped in Nero color leather. This is how you had to order the wheel - you would still pay full price for the standard Carbon Wheel and then you would have to pay an additional charge to have leather cover the rest of the steering wheel.

This is a great car at a very attractive price. Mike is not withholding any information here either - he likely didn't have access to the same information I am able to access since I work for a dealer.

Hopefully, this puts an end to the debate and the thread can focus on finding a buyer for the car.

johnr265, vraa, LVP488 and 1 other person like this.
  22. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a great car at a great price. As you've all noted, this is likely not the steering wheel originally with the car. Clearly not carbon wheel. But that doesn't detract from the car. You can easily get a carbon wheel if you want. And in Mike's defense, he doesn't normally have the car in his possession and must rely on the owner's representation and documentation. If you want a Rosso Maranello F12, this should be high on your list!

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    It likely is the steering wheel that came with the car. Please let me know if my response above doesn't make sense.

At some point when the ad went up the colored steering was listed as Cuoio. I do not recall ever seeing the steering wheel color listed as Cuoio but I know Stan has mentioned it was there. I am not doubting that. The seller probably assumed that to be the case since the interior color was Cuoio. However, when I pulled the build sheet the Colored Steering Wheel is listed as Extra Compionario and no color is listed... In 13 and 14 Extra Compionario colors were not included on the original build sheet. To get the LED Steering with Full Colored Leather you needed to select the Carbon Fiber Wheel Option and also Steering Wheel Color( STW1). If you went that route making the LED Steering wheel was considered extra campionario.

johnr265, vraa, LVP488 and 1 other person like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Tom Saving the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. stan996turbo

Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    So if you wanted a totally stock wheel with LEDS and ZERO CARBON FIBER you would pay
    $4979 for “carbon fiber wheel with LEDS”
    $883 for a colored wheel
    Total $5,862 to get a stock wheel with LEDS
    Crazy