This is getting annoying. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This is getting annoying.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Maine57S1, Dec 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    that would be true of most places except for LA and probably Miami.

alex likes this.
  2. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Hey Maine....although we've only had our TDF Blue a short while, have not experienced that. My wife complains about that when driving her 370Z, she says guys are "always wanting to race her"! I tell her that they are just wanting to check out the hot chick in the Nisson! Ha.

I just think they want to check out your gorgeous car...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

VAF84, Dewinator and Maine57S1 like this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I'm finding for me it's more and issue of where I live.
    When I was in South Florida it was non stop du**che bags.

Here in Melbourne, pretty good place. No real issues so far. There's been a few in the years here but mostly no vandalism, no road idiots. Some racer boys at the lights late at night but I just ignore them.

one4torque and Maine57S1 like this.
  4. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    It's a regular experience here in Texas, even in Austin. Many like to blow past and then "roll coal" to leave you in a cloud of smoke. Envy is a ***** I guess.

one4torque and armedferret like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    With all the transplants, I'm not sure Austin is part of Texas anymore!
    LOL...T

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

My older brother lives in Winslow. Lovely area. Sounds like bored teens.

Maine57S1 likes this.
  7. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I live in a rural small town in Arkansas. I have gotten nothing but love with the car. Everyone goes nuts to see an actual “Ferrari “. Lol I love sharing the car with people. Funny must think it’s a brand new one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Reacherman1022 and tomc like this.
  8. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Big G's!! What's not to like? :)

Todd Laing likes this.
  9. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    thats good.. i wouldnt say everyone loves it around here.. reaction is definitely mixed.

Todd Laing likes this.
  10. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Got to remember we are all just ole knuckle draggers here in deplorable fly over country.!

one4torque, armedferret and Maine57S1 like this.
  11. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    spoken like someone that hasnt been to Maine.. they dont call it the south of the north for nothing :)

Apollo 11, Todd Laing and tomc like this.
  12. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Sounds like my kinda folks!

one4torque and Maine57S1 like this.
  13. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    It’s funny because I’ve actually had the opposite experience in my TR. People constantly video, take pics, yell funny things, flash a thumbs up, wave, strike up enthusiastic conversations at stop lights etc...but no one, and I literally mean not one person, has tried to race me yet. That definitely was not the case with the many other sports cars I’ve owned over the years.

armedferret and Todd Laing like this.
  14. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    We live in southern Illinois and a Nero/Nero F430 Ferrari is a very rare sight around here. (Rural) . The other day I was letting my lovely daughter with long blonde hair drive it while I was sitting in the right seat, and some yahoo in a Ford pickup gets right on her ass who saw us turn onto the highway from a right turn and he was on opposing traffic making a left turn onto the same highway and got right behind us.
    He tailgated for about 3 minutes or so, revving his engine and I told my daughter just to hold a steady legal speed using signals etc. and try to ignore.
    All of a sudden he whips out into the left lane, gets along side us on a 2 Lane Hwy. starts blowing his horn and giving a wild thumbs up probably to the daughter in the car as well and then made a quick exit left turn off the highway.
    It is been my experience that usually it’s just people trying to get a good look at the car, probably since they have never seen one. If one is polite, waves, smiles etc. and doesn’t do do anything to provoke someone, there has never been any trouble.
    I’ve even had a young teenager follow me up into my driveway right up to the garage door and jump out trying to get a good look at the car. So far everything has been benign, friendly, extreme curiosity, pictures, letting kids sit in the front seat and parents taking their pictures and explaining to the children that someday maybe they will be able to own one like this just like I had always dreamt about, finally making it a reality. One never knows though, but I’ve never had any bad experiences and all of the attention getting has been very pleasant. I even drove it in an Italian Day parade in the Hill section of St. Louis and all we got were extreme thumbs up and cheers and clapping, etc. Italian pride runs deep. Enjoy

15. LP360

LP360 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Here in the UK mostly are positive attitudes in my 360, get the odd idiot who tried to race but I let them go and don't give chase... Main issue is on carriage ways that people will sit in my blind spot for a good while looking and takings pics of the car which can be annoying at times.

one4torque likes this.
  16. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I love it when I am doing 80-85 mph on the freeway and someone decides to tailgate my FF. I just downshift to 4th and leave them like they are standing still.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Red 27 likes this.
  17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    There are a large number of highly modified domestic muscle cars on the west side of Houston..... 700-1000 hp dodge sedans and mustangs camaros etc..... upon seeing my old 400 hp 360 they always want to bait me into some I-10 roll race..... I just give them a thumbs up.. and after a couple mins of not taking the bait I watch the tire smoke show at 80mph!!!!

I’m sure they are looking for an exotic kill story or video to post up.

Maine57S1 and armedferret like this.
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  19. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yup quick gtg

best advice for OP is unfortunately just ignore it all...

Maine57S1, tomc and armedferret like this.
  21. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    thats an awesome picture.. taken this year? was that an event or just what the soccer moms in Greenwich drive to do their Xmas shopping? :)

Stev-o likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ha! This was a small gtg put together by greenwich cars and coffee. It was last week. They might be organizing a toys for tots run so hopefully we can use some of this blessed machinery to help bring some joy and relief to those who can use it!

23. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    love it!

24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    It happens in Houston frequently. When someone is tailgating, I usually just start slowing down slowly......they get the message and change lanes and zoom out of the way. And almost always it's a Ford or Dodge.

Snapshift likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The rear 3/4 lurkers are the worst

NMNMNMN, tomc and armedferret like this.