458 Purchase from Original Selling Dealer, What Info Can They Supply? | FerrariChat

458 Purchase from Original Selling Dealer, What Info Can They Supply?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilko, Dec 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ilko

ilko Karting

Aug 20, 2008
    I am purchasing a one-owner 458 Italia from the Ferrari dealer that originally sold the car. The car has been serviced at this dealer since day one. It just went though the "Ferrari Approved" process. I've asked for all the service history on the car, which they will be supplying. Is there any additional information I could ask for that they might be able to provide? Like original window sticker for instance, etc? Thanks!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    independent PPI is a must.

3. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #3 Rexcat458, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Hello,

You should be able to get the original window sticker, plus all service records from the dealer and two keys. In addition, there is a separate inspection report for the CPO classification cars. Make sure you get this and review it prior to purchasing.

Additionally, make sure you have all of the books (manuals), the car cover and seat covers, the tire inflation kit and the tool kit. If the car has Ferrari Titanium wheel lugs , make sure you get the special lug socket, so you can remove them if needed.

If you opt for a PPI, check them out well beforehand and ask to see a sample report before you reserve their tech. Whether you do a PPI or not, I would ask for them to put it on a lift and remove the bottom panels so you can get your peepers on the lower part of the motor and gearbox.

This will also show the condition of the lower body, so you can check for scrapes etc... I’m sure others here will offer additional assistance as well.

Once you own the car, you can join the “My Ferrari” app through Ferrari. This will give you all options the car was built with and you will get three photos of the car at various stages during production. It can take a bit of time to get setup through “My Ferrari,” but it will give you some additional info on your car.

I hope this helps you... There are many others on the forum with a greater depth of knowledge that can offer additional advice.

Cheers and best wishes to you!

ntatfas, ShadowLAP, MANDALAY and 2 others like this.
  4. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    For my 458 the "My Ferrari" webpage/app only shows a final picture of the car, not the production photos. It has the original build list. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place for the production pictures or if they just don't have them for me. I definitely agree the registration process for "My Ferrari" was not particularly straightforward or quick.

Rob

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    You may ask for whatever you want, you are not entitled to anything prior to your ownership of said Ferrari < wink >

Now, whenever possible, we try to provide as much detail of service history as possible ( Summary Service history print outs are easy to provide ) if you are asking for each and every piece of paper and invoice from the beginning, it also can be done, but expect to pay for someone's time to compile it for you. I mean, the Dealership supplied to the original owner, that owner should be the one with the burden to supply it all to you, right?

Window Stickers are printed at the time Ferrari delivers the car to the Dealership, currently there is not a way that I am aware of to get a reprint.

You may ask for vehicle options that's printable from MODIS, again, easy to do.

I bend over backwards to help get as much information for a Ferrari Club of America member or Ferrari Chat members.

Insider Secret, build a relationship with the Service department, pay a little extra ( maybe ) for a repair, send Pizza in on a Friday for lunch, send a card for Christmas... goes along way when asking for favors back.

Just my .02 worth,

Steve

sampelligrino likes this.
  6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

These are all good suggestions and ideas!

S

Rexcat458 likes this.
  7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #7 Rexcat458, Dec 8, 2020
    Hello Rob,

I’m not sure what your “My Garage” page looks like, but I will be glad to help you as much as I can...

Click on “My Garage” icon. On that page, (under the “Request A Service” red banner) is a list with three entries (see photo).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On the “Photos” line is a tiny red button on the right end of that line. If you click on that red dot , it will take you to additional photos. That’s where my three production photos.

If your “My Garage” entry does not have the tiny red dot, or if it does and there is only one photo, I would send them an email and ask if they have any additional production photos are located.

In my experience, the customer service ladies are extremely friendly and helpful, but it may take a few weeks to get sorted if they have additional photos. They will keep you updated, whilst they work on your request.

Best wishes to you and yours!

Cheers!

rob5819 likes this.
  8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I appreciate the help. No red dot and only one photo. I will take your suggestion and contact customer service to see if they have additional production photos.

Thanks again,

Rob

Attached Files:

9. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks so much, I hope it helps...

Cheers!

10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    FWIW I tried to get production photos for my 2014 Speciale and Ferrari said no dice, they can't find them or reproduce them :( Just a heads up, hope you have better luck than I

rob5819 likes this.
  11. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Expectations are definitely low. Just glad to know I was looking in the correct place.

12. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #12 Rexcat458, Dec 8, 2020
    Humm... My page shows a small bell in a red circle under the generic photo. When you click that, I get the screenshot page I posted. Your photo shows a red box with an arrow in it....

When I click the red bell and go to the page with the red dot, these are my production photos:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was thrilled to see these, I love my 458!!!

Cheers!